Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP - Does anyone know how to remove the top front grill on a Lusso Plus?

Thanks

Alan

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I'm sure someone has done it; it does not look simple, however. Going in from under the car, I could see a lot of fairly rigid plastic clip locations - the grille appears to snap in easily, but not come out (this is on the Abarth, but it looks like the top grille is similar, but not exactly the same).

I removed my badge from inside the engine bay to have it wrapped.

Is there a reason you need to remove it?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Want to replace the badge that someone tried to steal which they left damaged. Can't access via the engine bay !!

·
Registered
556 Posts
The wrap shop guy told me that he had to "partially" unclip the front bumper of my car to get access (remove) to the front Abarth emblem. Don't ask me if it was the lower or upper clips however...

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Want to replace the badge that someone tried to steal which they left damaged. Can't access via the engine bay !!
Man, that sucks.

Unless someone comes up with a way to remove the grille, looks like there are 3 options:

Remove (partially) the front fender - I don't know how to do this, but it seems like a big job;
Reach up through the grille with a tool to access the 10mm bolt - I think the non-Abarth has larger holes in the grille?
Go in through the engine bay - this will require cutting away some non-visible trim (I used a Dremel). There's a panel that is riveted in under the hood release that can be removed, cut away plastic behind it to slide a small hand in to unbolt the badge. Replace the small plastic panel with a couple of screws (or re-rivet). I have some photos in the DIY section if you are interested in doing that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man, that sucks.

Unless someone comes up with a way to remove the grille, looks like there are 3 options:

Remove (partially) the front fender - I don't know how to do this, but it seems like a big job;
Reach up through the grille with a tool to access the 10mm bolt - I think the non-Abarth has larger holes in the grille?
Go in through the engine bay - this will require cutting away some non-visible trim (I used a Dremel). There's a panel that is riveted in under the hood release that can be removed, cut away plastic behind it to slide a small hand in to unbolt the badge. Replace the small plastic panel with a couple of screws (or re-rivet). I have some photos in the DIY section if you are interested in doing that.
That sounds like a better option thanks..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts