Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Vendor
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The MADNESS GOPedal is the best selling throttle module for the FIAT 124 Spider and has a soft texture, big buttons so its easy to see and use, with a nice overall touch and appearance.

The GOPedal has been designed to make your car more responsive. We have been personally involved in testing, developing and programing this device on our own cars and can inform you that it makes a significant difference in response.

This module has been designed to be fully programmable by you, the user!

You can choose the response settings and the sensitivity to get just the right type of performance out of your FIAT 124 Spider/ABARTH. Everything is done through one small controller (pictured) that can be placed discretely under or on your dash.

We are so confident that you will love our MADNESS GOPedal for your FIAT 124 Spider/ABARTH that we are giving you a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee. Try it and if you don't love it send it back for a full refund!

These are available and in stock!

For more details and images on this product please visit the link below:

http://shop.500madness.com/fiat-124-cid528/new-products-cid536/fiat-124-spider-madness-gopedal-pid1622

·
Registered
242 Posts
I will be interested in hearing users' responses.

·
Vendor
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The GOPedal remains to be one of our best selling products. We have a large amount of reviews of our FIAT 500/ABARTH's GOPedal as well as other cars we offer it for on other forums and we have a few reviews on our MADNESSAutoworks youtube channel as well.

Pikesman who is a moderator here has the GOPedal installed on his 124 Spider. Hopefully he will chime in to give feedback regarding his experience with our GOPedal. :)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Had one on my 500 Abarth and liked it. These adjust the "curve" of the accelerator pedal... doesn't seem like it would make much of a difference, but it does, especially with the 1.4's tendency to stumble a bit off the line.

The 500's stock pedal map was pretty bad... felt like you were at 30% throttle after 50% of pedal travel, with the last few mm of travel finally ramping up to 100%. The GoPedal and similar products allow you to front-load the pedal travel a bit and really perks up the drivability of the car.

I haven't found the 124 pedal mapping to be quite as bad, but if you're not planning on any kind of piggyback or ECU change, this is a simple way to still feel more responsive, especially for Classica and Lusso trims without sport mode.

·
Administrator
1,992 Posts
Had one on my 500 Abarth and liked it. These adjust the "curve" of the accelerator pedal... doesn't seem like it would make much of a difference, but it does, especially with the 1.4's tendency to stumble a bit off the line.

The 500's stock pedal map was pretty bad... felt like you were at 30% throttle after 50% of pedal travel, with the last few mm of travel finally ramping up to 100%. The GoPedal and similar products allow you to front-load the pedal travel a bit and really perks up the drivability of the car.

I haven't found the 124 pedal mapping to be quite as bad, but if you're not planning on any kind of piggyback or ECU change, this is a simple way to still feel more responsive, especially for Classica and Lusso trims without sport mode.
If the difference for those trims is anywhere near the difference on the abarth between regular and sport mode, this is definitely something people will want to have. The throttle mapping is just plain lazy on normal mode. The car feels so slow sometimes when I forget to throw it in sport mode before leaving. Definitely a worthwhile modification.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
A tune can also supply better throttle programming. Just want to remind folks that one should probably not run this device with a tune.

·
Vendor
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for everyones feedback! Between different settings the response and sensitivity will be different. To get the fastest response we reccomend Race Mode however please be aware that it may be to sensitive for daily driving in traffic. The GOPedal works with both Sport Mode on the car on or off. Some tunes do provide throttle programming however we have not had any customers give us any negative feedback or reported any issues with our GOPedal. Our tune works great with the GOPedal and AutoFlash.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Can this work with a manual with no sport mode?.
Works on any car... all it is doing is changing the output curve of the throttle pedal sensor (throttle by wire), like an eccentric throttle pulley used to in the "old days". :)

Doesn't change anything in the engine or transmission at all.

·
Vendor
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fiatbreath,

Yes the GOPedal can be used with a manual with no sport mode as long as it is made for that specific vehicle.

·
Vendor
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Customer feedback on the GoPedal

We just received yet another stellar review for the MADNESS GoPedal!

"Also, had them install the GoPedal (takes all of 5 minutes) and I must say, WOW...we all know it doesn't add any HP but it certainly makes the throttle much more responsive. It took a while to get used to it so I wouldn't squeal the tires at every red light and I do quite like it. It just makes everything kick in much faster. I know there have been a lot of naysayers about this product but it does work very well."

"Thanks again to Boris, Rachel, Texas Ray, JC, Bill and everyone else here at the Austin location. They have been wonderful. The car runs great, looks great and sounds great"

Take a look at the full review here,

http://www.124spider.org/forum/185-abarth-124-spider-discussions/16553-aaaaaaaaaand-madness-continues.html

Get your GoPedal today!!

http://shop.500madness.com/fiat-124-spider-madness-gopedal-pid1622

·
Registered
73 Posts
I also have one installed now and like jconli1 and the info from Madness, it does make a difference in response time. It just kicks in the boost sooner and smooths it out over the power band. I have had it for about 4 days now and do like how it works. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
If this provides anything like the difference between sport and normal modes in the Abarth, I'd certainly recommend it for Classica and Lusso drivers

·
Super Moderator
1,088 Posts
Had a loaner from 500 Madness for a few weeks

This device overrides the Sport mode, but adds a selection of response profiles than range from economy to "hair on fire ". Boris, the owner, had one installed in my Abarth while giving me a shop tour at 500 Madness. I hadn't changed the setting back to normal before departing, and got stuck in rush hour congestion. My advice would be to use an economy mode in that situation! The "hair on fire" mode is hugely fun, except in stop and go traffic.
I think this may be the biggest bang for your buck as far as simple mods go.
My only criticism is the control cable, which is a bit intrusive. I think a Bluetooth phone ap is the ultimate solution for this device.
Best regards
Pete

·
Vendor
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I also have one installed now and like jconli1 and the info from Madness, it does make a difference in response time. It just kicks in the boost sooner and smooths it out over the power band. I have had it for about 4 days now and do like how it works. Hope that helps.
Glad to see you are still enjoying your GoPedal! Have you had any feedback on your new rims yet?

This device overrides the Sport mode, but adds a selection of response profiles than range from economy to "hair on fire ". Boris, the owner, had one installed in my Abarth while giving me a shop tour at 500 Madness. I hadn't changed the setting back to normal before departing, and got stuck in rush hour congestion. My advice would be to use an economy mode in that situation! The "hair on fire" mode is hugely fun, except in stop and go traffic.
I think this may be the biggest bang for your buck as far as simple mods go.
My only criticism is the control cable, which is a bit intrusive. I think a Bluetooth phone ap is the ultimate solution for this device.
Best regards
Pete

Not a bad idea Pete! We currently have one in the final stages of testing on our 124! I will be sure to notify everyone when they become available

·
Registered
47 Posts
the pedal made a big difference in feel in 500Abarth, how do we get the pedal assembly out in the 124? curious to try it out in the ragtop. I can't find an install guide on Madness for the 124. More specifically how to unbridle the connector from the pedal assembly?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts