Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Vendor
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
the pedal made a big difference in feel in 500Abarth, how do we get the pedal assembly out in the 124? curious to try it out in the ragtop. I can't find an install guide on Madness for the 124. More specifically how to unbridle the connector from the pedal assembly?
I am waiting delivery for mine. How do u install?. I was on the MADNESS site and I couldn't find directions.
Hey Fiatbreath and Snowbarth,

The 124 is a little different, before you start instructions (pictured) you will need to complete the following.

1.) Remove the floor mat

2.) Locate the two plastic tabs to the left of the gas pedal

3.) Remove tabs and locate the 2 10mm screws

4.) Remove the screws and complete steps listed below

5.) Reinstall the pedal in the vehicle!

Glad to see you are still enjoying your GoPedal! Have you had any feedback on your new rims yet?

Other than from myself you mean? ;)
They complement the 124 so well! I'm sure you're turning a few heads when you take her out! :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Here's the thing, my 124 has the pedal harness wired through the floor, the harness on the pedal is not at the top of the pedal and the harness itself, it is on the bottom of the pedal and has a different connector, here's how my pedal looks (obviously without the kickdown switch...) My 500 Abarth has the install location as you have shown in the pic's, so I get that, but I'm puzzled by the loop coming from under the floor and the alternate connector. the pedal part is "mazda ND4XXX" (i think.) I'm in a manual btw.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ok, Madness Men, so here's the shoddy camerawork for your review and perusal. Harness winds against firewall terminates in the "Don't F*** with this" zone. Thoughts? This look familiar to anyone else?

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
well you're not alone in that, modern harnesses and loose connections in interior electrics make me nervous, I'd hate to provoke any lurking gremlins, troubleshooting electrical issues drives me crazy. Its the primary reason I ditched my GTI (a long long long time ago) It's also why I'd never buy a VW again, it passed everything except the dealership service bay and ate fuel pumps, semi annually.

·
Vendor
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Ok, Madness Men, so here's the shoddy camerawork for your review and perusal. Harness winds against firewall terminates in the "Don't F*** with this" zone. Thoughts? This look familiar to anyone else?
Now I'm really confused.
Luckily we have a 124 here! I went out and pulled up the pedal for you guys to give you a better idea.

Please excuse my finger in the photo!

This connector is located at the back right side of the pedal, here is where you will install the GoPedal harness!

Hope this clears things up! Thanks again for reaching out guys!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Not happy with the Fiat 500 directions for a fiat 124 spider. I'm not comfortable messing with electronics especially a gas pedal with horrible directions. I need more than just one photo I need details or I'm afraid I will have to send this back. Thanks .

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Well , after screwing around with the go pedal , including a call to madness, i figured out the problem. I took pedal off again and the connections in the GOPEDAL do not line up. So I called madness again. They asked the ID on the cable. They sent me the WRONG ONE. I have been going crazy over this thing. I wish the first gentleman would not have just said simple install , just plug and play. He should have asked me what the part number was. I know mistakes are made , but come on guys.

·
Vendor
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Hey Fiatbreath,

On behalf of the company I wanted extend our deepest apologies. With so many GoPedals going out it is easy to get them confused. We go through a great deal to make sure that each part is correct and working properly, but at the end of the day we are all human.

Again we are very sorry about your GoPedal experience. I will send you a Pm to further address this issue.

·
Vendor
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Hey Guys!

We understand that there has been some confusion installing the GoPedal, so we made an install video here at our Texas location staring our master tech Bill!

As always if you need some help, or let us know how much you love your GoPedal were always available here and via phone!

·
Vendor
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
HEY !!! Even I can do that. Oh wait, I had Bill do it :)
its a fairly easy upgrade!! Bill is the master, as you can see!

Just installed the go pedal. Amazing upgrade. Every owner should have one. Throws your head back in the seat .
Glad to hear that you were able to get everything figured out Fiatbreath now that you have the correct GoPedal! Please let us know if you have any other questions!

·
Vendor
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
We have a new review from Joe on our GoPedal! Check it out!

"The Go Pedal is freaking awesome performs exactly the way you said. Economy, Sport, an Race mode. With the Go Pedal I have it at sport 1, that's my normal driving around when I put it economy wow you can feel the difference or I should say the lack of response. ha ha sport one is a good setting for every day driving when I put it in the Christmas tree Race mode it's a beast even Race 1 the pedal sensitivity is awesome. With Sport 1 you don't have to put your foot down to the floor to get power this is a fast and easy set up that gets a great bang for your buck you can feel the change immediately The pedal response is awesome with the three settings you can adjust to your driving style and with the 3 settings there's a big difference."

The new GOPedal from MADNESS delivers exactly that. Designed to reduce initial lag, the GOPedal connects to your stock pedal assembly and allows you to choose between settings for different driving styles.

For more information please follow the link below!

http://shop.500madness.com/fiat-124...id536/fiat-124-spider-madness-gopedal-pid1622

·
Registered
2019 Fiat 124 Spider Lusso
134 Posts
Just installed mine this weekend. Couldn't be happier. It made the car feel like a different machine and made it even more fun for me.

Just some tips: on installing, there is a pin underneath the pedal assembly. To ensure there is no play in it upon bolting it back in, make sure the pin is seated inside the small hole in the floor underneath. You can visibly see this hole when the pedal is removed.

Also, gently try to situate the connectors/harnesses out of the way of the pedal assembly when you put it back into place. This will ensure that you re-install the pedal without any play afterward, and it will also ensure that you do not damage the connections.

Highly-recommended for anyone considering it. Really woke the car up!

·
Vendor
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Just installed mine this weekend. Couldn't be happier. It made the car feel like a different machine and made it even more fun for me.
Just some tips: on installing, there is a pin underneath the pedal assembly. To ensure there is no play in it upon bolting it back in, make sure the pin is seated inside the small hole in the floor underneath. You can visibly see this hole when the pedal is removed.
Also, gently try to situate the connectors/harnesses out of the way of the pedal assembly when you put it back into place. This will ensure that you re-install the pedal without any play afterward, and it will also ensure that you do not damage the connections.
Highly-recommended for anyone considering it. Really woke the car up!
Thank you for your Feedback Project124!

Always happy to hear from fellow enthusiasts that are enjoying their MADNESS GOPedal.

If you ever need any assistance in the future please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly via phone/email/or PM through the forums.

·
Vendor
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
FIAT 124 Throttle Controller - MADNESS GOPedal - Bluetooth

The GOPedal puts the control in your hands! With four different modes and 8 settings, there is an adjustment to suit your needs.

Our new MADNESS GOPedal w/ Bluetooth Controls allows you the option to control your GOPedal with your smartphone.

Thousands of satisfied FIAT Owners from all over the world have purchased and use the MADNESS GOPedal!

Try out our newest version and find out why this is one of the best selling and best-reviewed products available for the FIAT 124 by visiting the link below:
FIAT 124 Throttle Controller - MADNESS GOPedal - Bluetooth - 500 MADNESS - Auto Parts and Accessories

21 - 40 of 44 Posts