Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several persons have said one advantage of wrapping the heritage stripe instead of having it painted is the ability to remove the wrap. My question is: how is that done? And given all the questions about the softness of the paint, what kind of shape will the paint be in after removing the wrap? And will the wrapped portion when unwrapped look different from the portion that was never wrapped?

·
Registered
958 Posts
Several persons have said one advantage of wrapping the heritage stripe instead of having it painted is the ability to remove the wrap. My question is: how is that done? And given all the questions about the softness of the paint, what kind of shape will the paint be in after removing the wrap? And will the wrapped portion when unwrapped look different from the portion that was never wrapped?
The wrap can be removed per the instructions of the manufacturer, which vary depending on the material. The wrap protects the paint from pretty much everything, which means that the wrapped portion of the paint will not fade like the unwrapped portion. So, there is the potential for it to look different, depending on how long the unwrapped portion is exposed to the elements.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I had a small section wrapped on a past car and subsequently removed it, which was a long and tedious process since I wanted to be careful so as to not damage the paint; I used a hair dryer and slowly worked from each edge. I was successful though but dread the thought of doing a large area such as the hood. Keep in mind though that there are probably different types of wrap though so removal processes may be different.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts