Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to add a bit of padding and recover the storage box lid. One would think that it would be pretty simple to open the lid, take out a few screws and the lid would simply come out. Unfortunately it appears, to me, as per the attached diagram, that removing the lid requires complete removal of the rear console to get at those pins on the hinge! Am I missing something here?

Has anyone removed the storage box lid and have some tips to help me out?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
726 Posts
One of the forum members purchased an aftermarket padded leather lid and the DIY instructions showed an elaborate disassembly of the console. Yikes. In my Corvette it was just a few simple screws.

·
Registered
157 Posts
And here it is..

One of the forum members purchased an aftermarket padded leather lid and the DIY instructions showed an elaborate disassembly of the console. Yikes. In my Corvette it was just a few simple screws.
Gold... here are detail instructions on how to change you cover on the center armrest.

Grandpa Bill

http://www.redlinegoods.com/MiataNDarminst.pdf

Good luck

·
Registered
72 Posts
Holy Comoly! I have one on order...thinking that it would be a straightforward swap... :(

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had foolishly assumed it would just be a matter of removing a few "visible screws" and on with the job. Grandpa Bill sent me a link to the removal process, so I will forge ahead.

·
Registered
157 Posts
And here is Plan "B".....

I had foolishly assumed it would just be a matter of removing a few "visible screws" and on with the job. Grandpa Bill sent me a link to the removal process, so I will forge ahead.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sports-Cent...ash=item258249dae7:g:XTMAAOxyGxxSJY9u&vxp=mtr

I am thinking of getting this one even though it does not fit. It is 12" long, and we only have 9" from cup holders to radio knob, so I thinking of cutting it short about 3 " and using my never forgotten Home Economic Class sewing skills...LOL. It's less than $20 so no big loss if I totally F it up..
What you all think?. Should I do it and be the Ginny Pig?? LOL :laugh::laugh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts