Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone done it? just seems it would clean up the rear of the car nicely, did a search here and google but could not find an image of a de-badged 124 rear end. Really close to being the 1st.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Anyone done it? just seems it would clean up the rear of the car nicely, did a search here and google but could not find an image of a de-badged 124 rear end. Really close to being the 1st.
I know there is at least one member here that either removed it or moved it down next to the plate. That was awhile ago.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Not long after I got my car in January i took mine off the back and relocated it to dash on passenger side.
Attached with 3M two sided tape. Survived below freezing here at home in canada and 106 degrees in palm springs last month. Its not going anywhere.

I think it improved the look at the back and the interior.

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not long after I got my car in January i took mine off the back and relocated it to dash on passenger side.
Attached with 3M two sided tape. Survived below freezing here at home in canada and 106 degrees in palm springs last month. Its not going anywhere.

that I like. Not ripping on the other relocations, but I feel like this car is easily overdone. the size and design of the car makes overdoing it and adding too much very easy to get carried away and give it a "boy racer" feel.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Took mine off and painted it 'chrome black' then had it put back on after the vinyl wrap was done.

·
Registered
3 Posts
How did you take off the badge? Does it just pry off or does it need to be unscrewed like the Fiat/Abarth badge on the top of the trunk and in the front of the car? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
How did you take off the badge? Does it just pry off or does it need to be unscrewed like the Fiat/Abarth badge on the top of the trunk and in the front of the car? Thanks for the help!
A little heat and either fine fishing line or dental floss. It is stuck on with a thin double sided foam tape.

·
775 Posts
I blacked the badge out on both Auto Ricambi Spiders. Loved the results on both.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Removing the 124 spider badge from the trunk.

Me, too...I took it off and painted it Black and put it back in the same spot since I hate chrome and it matches my exhaust tips.
Take a look at this pic. Think adding black brake light inserts would go nicely with your black exhaust tips. :)

CA_Kid

Attachments

·
Registered
744 Posts
Has anyone seen a reasonable resolution line drawing of that 124 Spider logo? I'm thinking of pulling it off and replacing it with black vinyl version, but I need a template to program the cut from. All I've seen is 3-D versions with shadows and gradients...

·
Registered
291 Posts
I replaced the 124 Spider emblem with this one. Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts

I LIKE THAT !!... If the hood and trunk lid didnt have holes for the Big Fiat emblems... I'd take them off too.... I like de-badged cars

Want to rid my car of all the Silver LUSSO trim too... Going to Plasti Dip it ALL, even the wheels.... Then ALL the Silver inside...

Black base coat, then Graphite Metalizer, or Hyper Graphite Pearl Coat, then Gloss Coat... I'm getting Really Sick of those Silver Lusso wheels .. They'll look great DARK

Debating doing the hood and trunk lid too...
and going to experiment with the lower front bumper and the foglight surrounds.. and Red bottom center for a Faux Abarth effect... Should be fun....

If it doesn't work... just PEEL IT OFF .......

·
Registered
28 Posts
Took mine off very easily with heat and fishing line. On the Abarth version it actually seems totally incongruous, and a little weird to have badges of a scorpion everywhere, but the car labelled a 'spider'...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts