Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will start with this.....I love this car. I want this car. I'm struggling with color choices at moment (and perhaps budget).

I have one beef I am trying to overcome or FIND REPLACEMENT: I do not care for the painted slits within the tail lights. I find myself struggling over colors because of that one detail I am obsessing about....

Beyond your comment for me to "get over it," have you found, seen, or heard about any fabricator that has manufactured an optional tail light replacement?

My gut says it's too new, but figure this is the place to ask.

·
Registered
479 Posts
those can be changed with a little painter's tape and any other color you choose from a rattle can

·
Registered
561 Posts
Will start with this.....I love this car. I want this car. I'm struggling with color choices at moment (and perhaps budget).

I have one beef I am trying to overcome or FIND REPLACEMENT: I do not care for the painted slits within the tail lights. I find myself struggling over colors because of that one detail I am obsessing about....

Beyond your comment for me to "get over it," have you found, seen, or heard about any fabricator that has manufactured an optional tail light replacement?

My gut says it's too new, but figure this is the place to ask.
We have painted slits within the tail lights? Never noticed. :)

Reactions: 56S and Favero

·
Registered
211 Posts
I would think they are too new to have anything aftermarket and considering the production numbers we may never see anything. At least not at a price that I could ever justify.

Having said that ,....I have a rosso red Abarth and have considered repainting the fillers in the middle of the taillight with the accent grey colour that is painted my windshield surround and side mirrors. Just to be different.
Should probably try photoshop first though.

Reactions: Favero

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Funny, @jpwfz6 - I considered a red car because i feel like the red insert looks like it blends the best....or the light silver.

I agree, production numbers are probably so low it doens't make sense....but certainly someone has a 3D printer out there somewhere ;-)

My two remaining concerns are 1) tail lights and 2) hitch receiver for my bike rack, which is a must.

·
Registered
107 Posts
rear lights

I'm on a trip till the end of the month and not near our Spider. This thread is driving me crazy! I can't go look and see what everyone is talking about. Please post a picture to put my mind at ease. Dennis

·
Registered
381 Posts

Took this from a different thread, but I also never noticed it until now because I have a red car so it matches haha.

Reactions: Dennis

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thanks JoPo
Ours is red also. Found a picture of it from the rear and see "or don't see" what the conversation is about

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
carid.com has nothing for tail lights for the 124. That pretty much means nothing is out there currently.

Reactions: Not Sure

·
Administrator
2,037 Posts
Nothing out aftermarket, as noted already. I think it's a really nice touch on FIAT's part, but will make it a royal PITA to replace if one ever gets damaged, unless the center strips can be removed or replaced.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Nothing out aftermarket, as noted already. I think it's a really nice touch on FIAT's part, but will make it a royal PITA to replace if one ever gets damaged, unless the center strips can be removed or replaced.
I agree - its a very nice touch. I had to go back out and take a look and realized that the body colored strip is one of the reasons the tail light section looks so very cool. I have a metallic bronze car and the strip matches so well I didn't even realize it was there.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Looks like the strip can be replaced. But this link doesn't show a part number. Just an exploded view of the tail lights.

I actually like the "body color" inserts.

https://www.fiatpartswebstore.com/p...xico--US--Mexico--US/12030946/68334800AA.html

·
Registered
82 Posts
Not sure why Fiat did this. They've done it on the 500 too and on some colours it just looks weird!

There's a 500 in my street that's a sort of mustard yellow colour, the lights look awful.

If you don't fancy a red car I'm sure it's not too difficult to flip the panels out and paint them.

I bought a red one.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Since I now have Black exhaust tips and rear emblem I would love to my tail light centers Black as well; they are Red on my car. Anyone look into this yet?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Since I now have Black exhaust tips and rear emblem I would love to my tail light centers Black as well; they are Red on my car. Anyone look into this yet?

Seems like a super easy and cheap vinyl option

·
Registered
587 Posts
Anyone know how the pieces come off? I see them in a parts diagram but just a picture (no description).

·
Registered
618 Posts
Like mine in Red on A124 but probably three options

Order a different colour pair from Fiat Abarth......will take ages I would have thought!

Paint a different colour

Wrap a different colour

·
Registered
683 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts