Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I developed a leak from the line going from the bottom of the PCV to the oil pan, so I purchased the replacement part 68320694AA and unfastened it from the pan and the PCV. Now I'm stuck on actually getting the original hose out due to the bends in it. Turning and pushing and pulling within reason have only gotten me back to square one. Was wondering if anyone with the service manual or who's dealt with this before had any info or tips on getting it out. Really do not want to pull the intake manifold off if I don't have to. Walked away from it for a little bit to cool down.

Much appreciated in advance!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Thanks for the Information.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
How long did this take?

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
That's a hell of a lot of work to replace that line. Mine is currently connected to the bottom of the PCV, but with no retaining clip as I couldn't figure out a way to get it back on. Figured its not under much pressure, but I suppose I should check it for leaks.

There's a lot of things about this car that just seem incredible from a maintenance standpoint. I suspect mounting an engine longitudinally that was designed for transverse installations has a lot to do with it.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I'm taking the day off work on Wednesday to address this and a very small long term AC refrigerant leak from the suction tube where it connects to the passenger side firewall, since I've got to remove the compressor anyway, I'll report back.

And I won't lie I definitely thought about trying to re-secure the hose to the PCV connection and turning around on the job, but I'm going to not leave two known leaks for myself. The oil leak was enough that it was leaving maybe 1-2 drops every 8 hours.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts