Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

how to do I remove the silver cladding to replace with the piano black? Do I just prise it off with a flat head screwdriver or is there a trick? Thank you!

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
The package should include a sheet of instructions, somewhat akin to what you get with IKEA stuff. Pictures... no words... here's a link to it from the MOPAR site. For future reference, if you go to their accessories page, and click on any of the items for details, one of the things you'll see is the link for installation instructions.

Here's the link to part of their products section:
Fiat 124 Spider Seat Back Pillar Bar Bezels Piano Black (Part No: 68328782AA)

And here's a link to the installation instructions provided from that page:
http://starparts.chrysler.com/info/default/K6862577.pdf

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! It’s from Moparstore that I’ve had them. So hopefully it’ll have the idiot guide. Cheers!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just realised it’s a different but very similar webpage, however I found your link to the instructions. Does the kit come with that flat ended implement?

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Just realised it’s a different but very similar webpage, however I found your link to the instructions. Does the kit come with that flat ended implement?
No, it's just a standard plastic trim removal tool. Any local car parts store should stock them. 5 or 6 quid and you should get a pack of four or five diferent shaped tools. Or eBay or Amazon would have them as well. Depends upon how fast you want to do this. This is one example from the British Amazon site: Manelord Trim Removal Tool - 5Pcs Trim Removal Tool Set, Auto Body Kit for Car Clips Removal, Dashboard Removal and Car Door Panel Trim Removal: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

Just do a search for "automotive trim removal tools" and you'll see dozens of options.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Nice one. Just ordered a kit for £6.99 off amazon. Will be here tomorrow. Thanks for your help!
You're welcome. and the trim tools will come in handy if you do any modifications to the inside of the passenger compartment as well. Good to have on hand.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
You're welcome. and the trim tools will come in handy if you do any modifications to the inside of the passenger compartment as well. Good to have on hand.

And, if you find information of value, please consider "liking" the post as it helps our cred scores. :)
OH NO!! don't tell me you are a CRED SCORE WHO....nevermind....one like for @CDPond LOL

aloha mike

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
OH NO!! don't tell me you are a CRED SCORE WHO....nevermind....one like for @CDPond LOL

aloha mike
You know me, I'm so fragile, I need the reassurance of likes to keep me from crying myself to sleep while I wait to drive my car in a few months time. lol

Yeah, dumb post on my part. And thanks for gracefully pointing out that I was being a bit of a dumbass. Friends don't let friends do dumbass things. I thank you for providing the digital equivalent of a smack on the back of the head. I've sobered up now. :) So I'll try to rescind my prior post content.... god, why did I do that?

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
LOL...much love BROTHER CDPOND! I won't resort to physical violence...that takes to much effort.

aloha mike

PS free hugs for the fragility!

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
LOL...much love BROTHER CDPOND! I won't resort to physical violence...that takes to much effort.

aloha mike

PS free hugs for the fragility!

Hey, fra gi ley... that's Italian! lol

Best regards from the GWN. Completely non-related aside, I just finished cleaning all my crud out of my 2005 Mitsubishi Montero. Traded it in on the purchase of a 2020 Kia Telluride. Now I just have to wait a month for the new toy to arrive, and then I'll have something to play with till spring when I can drive the Spider again. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts