Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight, I installed the resonated exhaust from Auto Ricambi onto my Classica. Fitment was perfect. Build quality appears to be excellent. Dual chrome tips may not be the split tips of the Abarth exhaust, but they look great and fit the bumper openings perfectly.

Installation took about 20 minutes from start to finish including pulling it onto the rams and cleaning up afterwards - two bolts, one gasket/seal, and four hangers and you're done.

At idle, it has a nice rumble without being too loud or obnoxious. During normal conservative driving, it is just mildly louder and barely noticeable. It won't draw any attention. It just sounds more throaty with a nice rumble. During hard acceleration, it is very nice sounding with an aggressive growl without being a "fart" muffler. It won't draw attention of other motorists or police, but will put a smile on your face. On the freeway, I couldn't really hear it at all with the top down. I'll have to go for a ride with the top up to see if it sounds any different.

Thanks to Csaba and Ramzi for a nice add-on for my car! The exhaust note is precisely what I was seeking.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Would you mind posting a sound byte of the updated exhaust? I have the Classica and I'm deciding between the resonated and non resonated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the reply Arthur. My concern is that the non resonated will have too much/more drone than the res. Second, it will be too loud for a city environment. I can definitely afford to go louder than the stock, but dont want to break my neighbor's windows. any thoughts?

·
Registered
626 Posts
From my experience the non-resonated is just fine. I have neighbours too. I just don't rev it up until I'm off the street.... it sounds almost "normal". But once I'm on my way I give it plenty and it sounds superb !!!! Add CDM tiles to the trunk to eliminate the internal drone, you will need them !!! For info, I did initially fit an aftermarket resonated back box but soon replaced it with a non-resonated as the resonated was very similar to stock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts