Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my mods are pretty sensible: Ragazzon backbox, GFB+, V1, pipercross filter, on an EU 124.

an offer on Racechips recently got me the mid level RS for £100. They claim 174hp and 300nm...

So after a few runs this morning, flat road, 8*C, 74kg driver and full tank fuel. Using obd gauge which is calbirated to GPS speed and backed up by data logging) Results for those interested AVERAGED OVER THREE RUNS:

0-60: 6.75s
30-70 thru gears: 5.55s
30-75 in 3rd: 6.77s

These seem close to abarth times so pretty happy....power is smooth enough and not lumpy.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
I just got a GoPro 7 and it has GPS and I can put a MPH overlay...it should work to measure 0-60 right?

·
Registered
411 Posts
So my mods are pretty sensible: Ragazzon backbox, GFB+, V1, pipercross filter, on an EU 124.

an offer on Racechips recently got me the mid level RS for £100. They claim 174hp and 300nm...

So after a few runs this morning, flat road, 8*C, 74kg driver and full tank fuel. Using obd gauge which is calbirated to GPS speed and backed up by data logging) Results for those interested AVERAGED OVER THREE RUNS:

0-60: 6.75s
30-70 thru gears: 5.55s
30-75 in 3rd: 6.77s

These seem close to abarth times so pretty happy....power is smooth enough and not lumpy.
How easy is it to unplug / undo / turn off the RaceChip so you can get runs that show with and without it, and the gains that it alone provides with your setup?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Deyeme- you simply attach the bypass module instead of the Racechip.

I should have said prior to Racechip, I was bang on 7.1s 0-60 (7.3 0-100km) with my previous mods. This has shaved over 0.3s .

I have done 20000 miles pre Racechip and I can say for certain the mid range and 5k+ rpm power bands are much more punchy now. Definitely a difference.

174hp and 300nm? Maybe not miles away.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
In case anyone interested, I did a comparison with and without the Racechip RS.

This was same road, conditions, 3rd gear, built up from 25mph foot to floor. 25% fuel tank and me weighing 72kg.

To set the Racechip to stock, the dial is set to 0. I then set the dial to 4/6 for the second run. This is the mapped setting.

Results: dropped the in-gear time by 0.3 seconds, which is in line with the 0-60 drop from 7.1 to 6.7.
NOTE: This has been slowed down to show the comparison!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts