Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all you lovely helpful people.
I am a very new owner of a delightful 124 Spider here in UK and I love it!
a couple of questions that I hope some of you can help with.
1) Is it worth signing up to the Retainagroup International Security service? There is a sticker in my side window and on checking costs £21. Any advice?
2) Washed car yesterday and when drove it today water was dripping inside on both sides from the alcoves above side window( see picture) Any thoughts?
Many thanks in advance for any help.
Dave
Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior Material property

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Hi

Not sure what Retainagroup offer for £21 ?.... it's seems that they record the fact that you are the owner/registered keeper. Which you already know !!! So I personally wouldn't bother with it..... better to make sure you have decent Fully Comprehensive insurance.

Regards the roof leaking..... did you use a jet washer around the door/roof area ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

Not sure what Retainagroup offer for £21 ?.... it's seems that they record the fact that you are the owner/registered keeper. Which you already know !!! So I personally wouldn't bother with it..... better to make sure you have decent Fully Comprehensive insurance.

Regards the roof leaking..... did you use a jet washer around the door/roof area ?
No pressure hose, but a normal hose

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Seems odd. As long as there are no splits in the roof fabric, and the windows are fully closed, I cannot see any reason why it would leak. For info, I've been driving MX5s, Audi TT convertible and now a Fiat 124 Spider for the past 20 years or so.... never had that issue. I use a hosepipe on the roof but at quite a low pressure... I don't aim at the window/roof seal. Do you know if your roof has ever been replaced ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seems odd. As long as there are no splits in the roof fabric, and the windows are fully closed, I cannot see any reason why it would leak. For info, I've been driving MX5s, Audi TT convertible and now a Fiat 124 Spider for the past 20 years or so.... never had that issue. I use a hosepipe on the roof but at quite a low pressure... I don't aim at the window/roof seal. Do you know if your roof has ever been replaced ?
Not to my knowledge. Car only done 6500 miles so unlikely.

·
Registered
2020 Abarth 124 Brillante White Velleno package with Monza exhaust.
870 Posts
I was thinking roof seal as well. Even low pressure will leak past it if aimed directly at the seal. Not sure if the latch on the 124 can be adjusted but on my previous NA Miata you could adjust the clasps to make a tighter seal. Also check your seals for splits or debris. If you still have warrantee this is the time to use it. Good luck

·
Registered
2019 124 Spider Abarth
319 Posts
My 2017 leaked in the same spot and the top was replaced under warranty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts