Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Abarth is coming with the microfiber seats. I was originally planning to replace the microfiber with leather, but because the installer has to start from scratch (no kit from a prior install), it's very expensive.

Does anyone know whether it's possible to buy Recaro's and retro fit them into the car?

How would I ind out about this?

·
Super Moderator
957 Posts
Theoretically they ought to be available as stand alone items from Molar. Realistically, FCA is pretty clueless with their spares strategy. Or non-strategy. If you can get a part number, your local dealer ought to be able to order them. I'd expect the parts department would be motivated, considering the potential profit.
Best regards
Pete

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
My Abarth is coming with the microfiber seats. I was originally planning to replace the microfiber with leather, but because the installer has to start from scratch (no kit from a prior install), it's very expensive.

Does anyone know whether it's possible to buy Recaro's and retro fit them into the car?

How would I ind out about this?

Aloha! Go here (link below) and look for the seat you want....

https://parts.moparonlineparts.com/auto-parts/2017/fiat/124-spider/abarth-trim/1-4l-l4-gas-engine/body-cat/front-seat-components-scat

get the part number you want (for the pricing Copy/paste) then go here (link below) for the prices. (seems they have most parts in their database.

https://www.concord-parts.com/goods

I haven't found a site that has the parts breakout and pricing together...ho hum..

Good luck.

·
Registered
529 Posts
A few comments

Are you still waiting on delivery ?? If so - call the dealer and ask about a trim swap. That is how I got my Red & Black seats - no charge :D

Correct me if I am wrong but are not the Miata seats the same as the 124 (non-Recaro) - if so then maybe there are some patterns available from the Mazda

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
A few comments

Are you still waiting on delivery ?? If so - call the dealer and ask about a trim swap. That is how I got my Red & Black seats - no charge :D

Correct me if I am wrong but are not the Miata seats the same as the 124 (non-Recaro) - if so then maybe there are some patterns available from the Mazda
great ideas @Joseph124

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A few comments

Delivery is already done as I saw a car on the floor that I liked and purchased it (although have not picked up yet).

Love the Miata idea - did not realize the seats are the same? Do Miata's have hte headrest speakers etc?

In any case - it makes sense to go to a Miata place and see if they can do this for me.

Thanks for the good idea - a new direction to research!
Save

·
Registered
349 Posts
I think some Miata owners even looked into swapping seats from Honda S2000's, so that might be another direction to consider. It will take a bit more work to mount the rails and do all that configuring but most people I know love stock S2000 seats.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts