Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taken today at local indie shop in Austin, TX =)

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Sky Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2018 Abarth 124 Spider, Mare Blue / Nero Abarth Leather, Brembo's, Record Monza, Automatic
911 Posts
Would that truck actually be street legal?
I am a licensed inspection tech . . That Ford would NOT be street legal in the State of Maine. (FWIW, there are a couple of other current threads here that concern having red and blue fog lights, and removing the amber front side marker lenses - also illegal here.). Best, s

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am a licensed inspection tech . . That Ford would NOT be street legal in the State of Maine. (FWIW, there are a couple of other current threads here that concern having red and blue fog lights, and removing the amber front side marker lenses - also illegal here.). Best, s
Well, the truck had TX plates, and a current inspection sticker. Suggesting it's street legal around here.
TBH, I was mostly amused how it was so high that I could drive the 124 underneath it.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He needs a Spider as a step to get in that beast.
That was my daughter's first question: 'how do you get into that thing?' =)

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Someone has a very very small penis.
Someone is jealous. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean insults are called for. We know that the Aussies are severely restricted in their ability to have some fun with their vehicles.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Someone is jealous. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean insults are called for. We know that the Aussies are severely restricted in their ability to have some fun with their vehicles.

Hmmm...who would want to be jealous of that?
But you are correct....we are restricted in what we can do to our road going vehicles...to a certain level...usually by common sense but also by what would happen to the 'other' person.

And my comment above is a globally held image of owners of those sort of vehicles.

But truisms aside, where we Aussies are not limited is in our ability to poke fun at others. And owning a vehicle like that leads to images of pitbull dogs and (unfortunately) small 'members'. So we speak it, so we say.

If I have offended you I apologise...sort of haha.
Happy new year everyone.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hmmm...who would want to be jealous of that?
But you are correct....we are restricted in what we can do to our road going vehicles...to a certain level...usually by common sense but also by what would happen to the 'other' person.

And my comment above is a globally held image of owners of those sort of vehicles.

But truisms aside, where we Aussies are not limited is in our ability to poke fun at others. And owning a vehicle like that leads to images of pitbull dogs and (unfortunately) small 'members'. So we speak it, so we say.

If I have offended you I apologise...sort of haha.
Happy new year everyone.
Who would be jealous of that? A hell of a lot of people. I think it is funny you presume to speak for the entire world. You certainly don't speak for me. I like that build. I have zero desire to ever own a truck like that, but I totally appreciate the effort it took to create it.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Since several have commented on their states' laws, here ya go: Lift laws in Texas: None! We are only limited by a 13'6" height restriction, so we can be as tall as a semi.

Texas Lift Laws | Vehicle Modification Rules

So, if any of y'all want to lift your 124s instead of lowering them, move to Texas! We are not a nanny state :)

Reactions: MADNESS Autoworks

·
Registered
94 Posts
Who would be jealous of that? A hell of a lot of people. I think it is funny you presume to speak for the entire world. You certainly don't speak for me. I like that build. I have zero desire to ever own a truck like that, but I totally appreciate the effort it took to create it.
Wow....what is going on in america? Of 400 odd views the only people upset are from america.
Is there something in the water over there...haha.

·
Registered
94 Posts
P
Since several have commented on their states' laws, here ya go: Lift laws in Texas: None! We are only limited by a 13'6" height restriction, so we can be as tall as a semi.

Texas Lift Laws | Vehicle Modification Rules

So, if any of y'all want to lift your 124s instead of lowering them, move to Texas! We are not a nanny state :)
Perhaps not a nanny state but it appears common sense ain't so common haha.

·
Registered
312 Posts
P

Perhaps not a nanny state but it appears common sense ain't so common haha.

"Common sense" apparently meaning whatever your opinion is?

I find it amazing you have no evidence at all that the owner is an unsafe driver or how they normally use this vehicle, yet you condemn them anyway.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Wow....what is going on in america? Of 400 odd views the only people upset are from america.
Is there something in the water over there...haha.

Yes, it is in the water and in our blood. It is called "freedom". I totally understand that people bred from a country founded as a penal colony can't relate :p

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok you win.
Stick to Nascar, monster trucks and shooting people.
Geez, y’all, I posted the pictures originally ‘cuz I thought they were entertaining to 124 enthusiasts. Not to spark yet another (cultural) war-thread on this forum. Lesson learned.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Geez, y’all, I posted the pictures originally ‘cuz I thought they were entertaining to 124 enthusiasts. Not to spark yet another (cultural) war-thread on this forum. Lesson learned.
Sl _ I do apologise. My doing entirely. I thought my original comment would be taken with 'tongue in cheek' cheekiness us Aussies are renowned for.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts