Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Geez, y’all, I posted the pictures originally ‘cuz I thought they were entertaining to 124 enthusiasts. Not to spark yet another (cultural) war-thread on this forum. Lesson learned.
Welcome to the new norm. Some old folks here never learned how to maintain decent conversation it seems.

Reactions: Phil B

·
Registered
412 Posts
Good talk. Let's move on. I think the discussion was about ride height, not private parts. I dislike the lifted truck idea as well (on the road), but I'll keep my personal opinion of the driver to myself, so as not to enflame other's sensibilities.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Since several have commented on their states' laws, here ya go: Lift laws in Texas: None! We are only limited by a 13'6" height restriction, so we can be as tall as a semi.

Texas Lift Laws | Vehicle Modification Rules

So, if any of y'all want to lift your 124s instead of lowering them, move to Texas! We are not a nanny state :)
There might not be any state laws about lifted vehicles on the books but that thing flies in the face of federal highway standards. I guess you can get away with it legally - though i bet if you were unlucky enough you could find yourself in one hell of a lawsuit - but i make no praise to someone who drives that. That things bumper is above your little fiats roofline, so in the right circumstances in a crash instead of finding a bumper against your impact bar you're going under that damn thing (or its going over you however you want to see it). Sure you might have the legal "right" to do something like this but I think you have the duty to drive a vehicle that is safe for others on the road too - at least to a minimum standard - and this just isnt, especially not to pedestrians, motorcyclists, and small cars.

·
Registered
2019 Pearl White Abarth
42 Posts
"Common sense" apparently meaning whatever your opinion is?

I find it amazing you have no evidence at all that the owner is an unsafe driver or how they normally use this vehicle, yet you condemn them anyway.
That vehicle, regardless of how "safe" the driver is, is insanely dangerous for both the driver and for everyone around him. The fact that it's street legal anywhere is ridiculous.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Wow....what is going on in america? Of 400 odd views the only people upset are from america.
Is there something in the water over there...haha.
I love how you say something negative about another post, but apparently no one is allowed to take issue with your posts.

In many states here, vehicle owners are allowed to customize their vehicles in many ways. Just as our population is diverse, there are diverse ways to trick out your transportation. Think of it as the opposite of stancing a vehicle. A lot of people think stancing is cool. I think it's stupid. But, it's their ride, and they like it, so more power to them. If you want to lift your truck in a legal way, go for it! Heck, we have people lift their sedans like this, then put 28" wheels and chariot extensions on them (I'm speaking to you, Houston!)

It's like climbing to the top of Mt. Everest. There is no real good reason to it other than "Because I want to and I can".

Reactions: SJWhiteley

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
People will always condemn those different than themselves, and have a train of excuses to justify their actions.

• Haha
Reactions: Scotticus

·
Registered
614 Posts
I will agree with those saying this probably ill advised as a street vehicle. But I also agree in applauding the effort, the time expended, the $$ invested, the research, the matching of parts, the dedication to pull this off and the nads to drive something like this on a public roadway.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Came across this one-off creation the other day. The owner drove it from Colorado to Arizona claiming no problems whatsoever. Ride height obviously is no issue here, but I can't guess how difficult it might be trying to keep this in a straight line on a windy day.
Vehicle configuration seems to be limited only by ones imagination.

Cloud Sky Plant Vehicle Tire

21 - 30 of 30 Posts