Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any secrets or advice for taking care of the roof? I just bought Spider and the dealer- sales guy didn't know much. I knew more from you tube. I want to keep it like new. Thanks

·
Registered
669 Posts
I am going to use the Chemical Guys kit for soft tops. Cleaner, protection and horse hair brush

·
Registered
958 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
I've used 303 Fabric Protectant on several past convertibles and many prefer it over Raggtop, but I have never used the latter so I cannot confirm, but I have 303 ready for when my 124 arrives.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I've used 303 Fabric Protectant on several past convertibles and many prefer it over Raggtop, but I have never used the latter so I cannot confirm, but I have 303 ready for when my 124 arrives.
I like the price of that 303 over the Raggtop. I'll give it a try.;)

·
Registered
727 Posts
Car wash soap is the worst enemy of a canvas top, according to one of my local top shops, in business for over 50 years. It's best to just rinse it when you wash the rest of the car, and occasionally use a brush and protectant. Whatever you do, don't go to an automatic car wash and let them spray wax. That's the worst.

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
Using a mild soapy solution occasionally on your roof when it gets really dirty is not going to do it any harm. Certainly a lot less harm than allowing ingrained dirt to develop. I think people are saying don't use products with additives that are designed to protect paint on your roof.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts