Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,294 Posts
DARN!!! Just noticed this today happening to me today! DARN DARN DARN...Im actually saying a lot worse as I TYPED.

· Registered
2,294 Posts
Thanks bro...we will see. I just noticed it today and will continue to watch. Gonna try the advice and open from outside. See if I can control the issue. But I do need to get to the dealer and get it documented. I noticed it today when I was upgrading the ECU to the Phase 1. I set the obd controller on the retracted roof and that's when I saw the rub. Boooooooooo.

I drop the top daily and it rains daily too, so weatherproofing is VERY important! Never been a surfer.

Aloha ! !! !!!!

· Registered
2,294 Posts
I take Wendi in on Thursday...Scheduler said to me..."probably just an adjustment..." I scoffed. Plus, he said we only have one Fiat tech at the dealership. (thats completely reassuring....ummmm NOT!) I'm with you @Tinstar ...I truly don't want my top replaced. I plan on speaking to the Fiat tech one on one. IDK what that will accomplish... but I hope he reads this....Aloha only Cutter Fiat tech!!!! lol...

Reactions: Tinstar

· Registered
2,294 Posts
When it's open..and locked in place. Push down in the middle or closer to the back of the top. You'll see the top move back a good 1/4 to 1/2 inch. This should help. I make an effort to do this either standing out side that car when opening or seated inside. Maybe it's helps? But it helps my MIND!

Aloha

· Registered
2,294 Posts
Can you post the tech bulletin you are referring too..please.
Aloha mike

· Registered
2,294 Posts
Mahalo @Stillrollin

But I want the FCA Fiat tech bulletin. (Yes I know they are the same..but better ammunition when it’s FCA)

So I can bring it to the dealer, studio..and get my RED top under warranty exchange!

Aloha Mike

Reactions: TeddyK

· Registered
2,294 Posts
I just bought my new 2018 124 and saw this and checked it. The roof was rubbing the roll bar. Easy fix if you're not afraid of drills. get a couple 1" by 1/8 or so and a drill bit slightly smaller and drill a hole at the point where it rubs but not on the crease. screw the screw through the plastic and into the metal behind it until snug. pulls it in a good 1/4 inch and no more rub!
Well I applaud your ingenuity. But I don't think that would look good at all. (At least for me) I suppose my ADD would kick in and I would look at the screw head constantly.

Although, I understand your reluctance to to take it to a dealer to end up having them give you the run around.

aloha mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts