Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Abarth 124 Spider
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What is your opinion... given that Rosso Abarths overseas do not have the red trim pieces, but rather are all black in the front. Would you add them, or not? I'm not crazy about the dark grey mirrors that we have here. The red of the tow hook covers and the lower grill trim piece that the European Abarth's have seem to be a different red from the rosso. So, I love them on the white, black and silver cars, but the rosso? Interested in what the rest of you think.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I saw a photo awhile back of a red 124 Abarth with light silver accents: mirror caps, lower facia, and tow hook cap. It looked pretty good. No idea on where to find that photo again.

·
Registered
2017 Abarth 124 Spider
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PHP:
I saw a photo awhile back of a red 124 Abarth with light silver accents: mirror caps, lower facia, and tow hook cap. It looked pretty good. No idea on where to find that photo again.
That would be cool to see. I'll do a search and see if I can find it. The other weird thing, and I don't remember if the pics were from the Geneva car show, was that there was a Fiat badge on the front, not an Abarth badge. Perhaps it was NYC?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've been running the lip spoiler a couple of weeks now. Nothing but positive comments on the car. I do like it better than all that black, but I may do a wrap down the line. An option I figure I wouldn't have without the lip as vinyl doesn't stick well to textured surfaces. If there is a gunmetal or similar option from Fiat, I'd like to see it.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I've been running the lip spoiler a couple of weeks now. Nothing but positive comments on the car. I do like it better than all that black, but I may do a wrap down the line. An option I figure I wouldn't have without the lip as vinyl doesn't stick well to textured surfaces. If there is a gunmetal or similar option from Fiat, I'd like to see it.
I did see a photo of a gray lip that matches the mirrors, it looked good. So it may exsist. There is a part number for it.

That said, on the red Abarth, I think the Madness carbon fiber rear spoiler, mirror caps and if they make it carbon fiber lip would look amazing

·
Registered
105 Posts
Perhaps if it was me I would spend the money on some paint protection. The red is fabulous but I'm sure chips and swirls will take a toll in the long run.

·
Registered
2017 Abarth 124 Spider
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Perhaps if it was me I would spend the money on some paint protection. The red is fabulous but I'm sure chips and swirls will take a toll in the long run.
What would you suggest?

·
Registered
676 Posts
someone just started a thread on this http://www.124spider.org/forum/105-...5-124-abarth-mopar-paint-protection-film.html

http://www.xpel.com/ is expensive but very good. I think Good Win did this to their car.
I have been doing my own for over a decade. Not super easy to do well. But I have it down now. I bought Xpel for the Abarth red lower lip. VERY clear with a nice shine. But have a pro do it, this material is much harder to get the small bubbles out. The more pliable and stretchable material has pros, but because of it the bubbles don't squeegee out as well. FYI

Reactions: Y2HBK

·
Registered
2017 Abarth 124 Spider
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
The red tow hook cover came a couple of weeks ago, the red lip spoiler came over the weekend. The pic I attached are partials of the front as family member who is holding the lip is not in the picture. I'd like your opinions as to what you think...a keeper? No? It's not obvious on the Rosso Abarth for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
The red tow hook cover came a couple of weeks ago, the red lip spoiler came over the weekend. The pic I attached are partials of the front as family member who is holding the lip is not in the picture. I'd like your opinions as to what you think...a keeper? No? It's not obvious on the Rosso Abarth for me.
I like it! I was considering ordering the same for my Rosso Abarth but was concerned that the accent lip color would be a different shade of red than the Rosso red on the Abarth. From your pic it looks like it is indeed a match. Can you confirm? 2 Thumbs up!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Tow hook not to good looking...

...it looks like a big red pimple...you might want to put some Clearasil on it...that migh help.
Seriously, Prosecco, the Black or the Red 124 Spider tow hook cover would look classic, and still draw attention that it is an Abarth model.

I'm really not to keen on your current tow hook cover, but it's your car so , be happy with it and do as you please.

Grandpa Bill
:laugh:

·
Registered
2017 Abarth 124 Spider
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like it! I was considering ordering the same for my Rosso Abarth but was concerned that the accent lip color would be a different shade of red than the Rosso red on the Abarth. From your pic it looks like it is indeed a match. Can you confirm? 2 Thumbs up!
They are a different shade of red, but it's not terribly obvious. I don't know that most people would notice it. I'm glad you like it.

·
Registered
2017 Abarth 124 Spider
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
...it looks like a big red pimple...you might want to put some Clearasil on it...that migh help.
Seriously, Prosecco, the Black or the Red 124 Spider tow hook cover would look classic, and still draw attention that it is an Abarth model.

I'm really not to keen on your current tow hook cover, but it's your car so , be happy with it and do as you please.

Grandpa Bill
:laugh:
I have both tow hook covers. Usually running the black one.

·
Registered
2017 Abarth 124 Spider
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
In retrospect, I think the red lower grill piece makes it look as if it's a non-Abarth version of the car. I'm going to hang on to them for now...wondering if it would be possible to wrap them in a diff color. On the flip side, the black gives it a fiercer look.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts