Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Test drove a Lusso and I noticed that this engine is very rough sounding compared to other turbo cars I have owned.

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
The MultiAir actuators are noisy.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I've got a Lusso and it sounds fine to me. I guess it's all "relative." ;) I'm still impressed at how well she rides for a small roadster. I hopped in Little Spidee yesterday with just the intent to fill her up. The weather was so beautiful and she felt so fine, I ended-up driving her all day. :cool:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Yup - the Multiair valve actuation system sounds a bit clattery, almost like a diesel at idle... totally normal.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hey Shark.. what about adding..

The MultiAir actuators are noisy.
about 1/2 Quart of Lucas Pure Synthetic Oil Stabilized. Would that maybe quite down those actuators a little.

I Do NOT want to open up any heated discussion about addatives. You either like them and use them, or you don't like them and don't use them. I'm just asking if anyone has used Lucas to quite down their actuators.

Thanks for all replies.
Bill ;)

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
about 1/2 Quart of Lucas Pure Synthetic Oil Stabilized. Would that maybe quite down those actuators a little.

I Do NOT want to open up any heated discussion about addatives. You either like them and use them, or you don't like them and don't use them. I'm just asking if anyone has used Lucas to quite down their actuators.

Thanks for all replies.
Bill ;)
I would not trust any additives in a modern engine.

Reactions: 5961

·
Registered
233 Posts
I'd be REAL hesitant on adding ANY additive to the oil that the Spider uses.
Same here. I must be going deaf. My Lusso doesn't sound that noisy. ;) Certainly not enough to be adding anything to the crankcase other than the recommended oil.

I wouldn't mind if it was a little noisier, as in a sweet, lower vibe sounding exhaust. It's not an Italian, if it isn't a little noisy. ;)

·
Registered
157 Posts
That's funny..

Same here. I must be going deaf. My Lusso doesn't sound that noisy. ;) Certainly not enough to be adding anything to the crankcase other than the recommended oil.

I wouldn't mind if it was a little noisier, as in a sweet, lower vibe sounding exhaust. It's not an Italian, if it isn't a little noisy. ;)

That was funny...:laugh:

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Honestly, I don't think this motor is that noisy. I think the forged motor in my Challenger is noisier.

Reactions: 5961
1 - 11 of 11 Posts