Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody successfully tried/figured out how to route the phone GPS voice through the audio system? With the phone connected via bluetooth the GPS voice 'disappeared' from the phone, but did not play through the audio system either. Didn't find any option in the 124 settings to choose input source other than USB audio/music. Anybody try and have more luck than me?

Thx, S

Reactions: notlostnow

·
Registered
31 Posts
My GPS voice comes through the audio system but usually I don't want it there because I want to listen to the radio. I prefer to have the gps voice from the phone.
If I charge my iphone through the car's usb ports, the car sees the iphone as a usb audio source and I can play music or hear the gps voice from the car's usb source. The iPhone sees the car as a docking station.
If your phone is connected through bluetooth only, the audio will automatically be routed to the car but you can point it back to the phone from the iPhone's swipe-up menu. But if your phone is charging from the car's usb port, there seems no way to route audio back to the phone.
I therefor use a standard 12v to 5v charger from the connector in the footwell. That is the only way I found to get rid of the usb audio connection.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
They make USB charge-only cables, but I like this device even better. It allows you to switch off the data connection, and it then charges the attached device quicker! Learned about from Mark Booth in the mazda miata forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts