Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The closest Fiat dealer to me is 26 miles away in Sacramento. Just found out today that they are no longer selling Fiats (they still sell Alfa Romeos) and will not do any warranty work. Just basic oil changes and will not honor the 3 oil changes that came with my car. The next closest dealer is 60 miles away and it is the dealer I bought my Spider from. I had a bad pre delivery experience with them and don't really trust them. Looks like I may be forced to use them. I bought my car in JUly and it has not had any problems at all but I'm sort of concerned. Is Fiat not selling that well or just in my area?

Thoughts and comments from anyone?

Bill B.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Wow! I'm really sorry you are having such a difficult time with those dealers in your area. I think I understand why the nearby dealer wants to get out of Fiats if they want to stick with Alfa Romeo only since FCA is being prepared to be sold to a Chinese company soon.

(https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ca-but-any-deal-faces-obstacles-idUSKCN1AW0ZZ)

However, the idea that they would not honor the oil changes is a bit silly to me. That isn't a warranty issue.

The Fresno dealer has been a joy to work with in both sales and in service. They are still selling FCA and Alfa Romeo vehicles, but they are long way south from you.

I'm assuming the two you are mentioning are Autonation Fiat and Niello. I'm not sure if there are any other options near you. That sucks.

Have you thought about asking one of the Dodge / Chrysler / Jeep (FCA) service centers if they can help?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow! I'm really sorry you are having such a difficult time with those dealers in your area. I think I understand why the nearby dealer wants to get out of Fiats if they want to stick with Alfa Romeo only since FCA is being prepared to be sold to a Chinese company soon.

(https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ca-but-any-deal-faces-obstacles-idUSKCN1AW0ZZ)

However, the idea that they would not honor the oil changes is a bit silly to me. That isn't a warranty issue.

The Fresno dealer has been a joy to work with in both sales and in service. They are still selling FCA and Alfa Romeo vehicles, but they are long way south from you.

I'm assuming the two you are mentioning are Autonation Fiat and Niello. I'm not sure if there are any other options near you. That sucks.

Have you thought about asking one of the Dodge / Chrysler / Jeep (FCA) service centers if they can help?
Both Autonation and Niello no longer sell Fiats and won't service them under warranty. Cash or CC only. The next closest dealer is Elk Grove Chrysler. That is the dealer I bought my Lusso from and as I said I was not happy with them at all. Pre delivery consisted of rinsing the car and that was about it. After numerous complaints and phone calls they finally gave me 3 free oil changes just to get me off their backs. Even if I decide to use them it is a all day affair driving 120 miles round trip and then waiting for whatever service. It is what it is and actually I don't mind the drive in my 124.

I'm just hoping this is not a trend among Fiat dealers and that is why I posted to get comments.

Bill B.

·
Registered
2017, Fiat Spider 124, Abarth
441 Posts
Both Autonation and Niello no longer sell Fiats and won't service them under warranty. Cash or CC only. The next closest dealer is Elk Grove Chrysler. That is the dealer I bought my Lusso from and as I said I was not happy with them at all. Pre delivery consisted of rinsing the car and that was about it. After numerous complaints and phone calls they finally gave me 3 free oil changes just to get me off their backs. Even if I decide to use them it is a all day affair driving 120 miles round trip and then waiting for whatever service. It is what it is and actually I don't mind the drive in my 124.

I'm just hoping this is not a trend among Fiat dealers and that is why I posted to get comments.

Bill B.
Sorry to hear that. I'm in the Bay Area, but I bought my Spider in SoCal. Second car we bought there as the pricing was much better. Good luck.

·
Registered
587 Posts
The closest Fiat dealer to me is 26 miles away in Sacramento. Just found out today that they are no longer selling Fiats (they still sell Alfa Romeos) and will not do any warranty work. Just basic oil changes and will not honor the 3 oil changes that came with my car. The next closest dealer is 60 miles away and it is the dealer I bought my Spider from. I had a bad pre delivery experience with them and don't really trust them. Looks like I may be forced to use them. I bought my car in JUly and it has not had any problems at all but I'm sort of concerned. Is Fiat not selling that well or just in my area?

Thoughts and comments from anyone?

Bill B.
FCA is not going to be sold (see last paragraph): http://fcauthority.com/2017/10/jeep-is-not-for-sale-says-fca-ceo/

Things may change if they get a new CEO, Board of Directors decides otherwise, etc. but the rumor is dead, for now.

·
Registered
430 Posts
FCA is not going to be sold (see last paragraph): http://fcauthority.com/2017/10/jeep-is-not-for-sale-says-fca-ceo/

Things may change if they get a new CEO, Board of Directors decides otherwise, etc. but the rumor is dead, for now.
I think the comments regarding the "remaining stump" and "there is no big offer on the table to purchase FCA as a whole" are a way of keeping negotiations alive. It's disappointing to me that he refers to Chrysler and FIAT as a "stump", hmmm seems he doesn't hold them in high regard. :crying:

Paul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts