Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Boy am I late to this party. I've been putting this Lusso together since last August and just realized this part of the forum existed. :eek:

After having a few really good seasons with the Toyota 86 platform...

I decided to change to the roadster / spider platform. Since it is historically mostly Miatas, and I had a '69 Fiat Sport Spider in the past...

I decided to go with the Spider... naturally! :D

Here are the mods so far...

Cusco Zero 3R Competition Suspension

OZ Supperturismo wheels - 215/45 R17 Pole Position S-04 tires

Max Power ECU w/ BT controls
Max Fire Ignition Coils
GFB Diverter
Sila Turbo Blanket

Blackbird Fabworx Roll Bar
Custom Leather

Goodwin - Roadstersport quad exhaust - Full combo

...more to come

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sweet.

How are you finding the car as a track car?

Any oil/fuel starvation issues at 'Seca? Heat? Have you had it to any other tracks yet? What kind of times are you running at 'Seca?

On the verge of finally pulling the trigger.. with lots of track days in the future... hence my questions. :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet.

How are you finding the car as a track car?

Any oil/fuel starvation issues at 'Seca? Heat? Have you had it to any other tracks yet? What kind of times are you running at 'Seca?

On the verge of finally pulling the trigger.. with lots of track days in the future... hence my questions. :)
The one thing really lacking on the Lusso is the LSD. Can't wait for the OS Giken to finally get released.

I've had this one at Laguna, Thunderhill, Buttonwillow, and Sonoma. It does get heat soaked after about 15 minutes of really pushing hard. Eurocompulsion is promising a better intercooler that may help with this. No oil/fuel starvation at all. It's a blast to take around Laguna. It does considerably better than the stock 86 there. Still a long way off from my modded 86, though it's really an unfair comparison.

I'm having tons of fun with this at the track. :D

·
Super Moderator
1,250 Posts
Very nice work. Something I really like about the 124 is that they remain so stock in their appearance. Very tasteful. All the goodies are stealthy.
Are all your interior bits custom too? I've been looking for a seat belt cover and haven't been happy with the choices. That stripe is a nice accent.
Best regards
Pete

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm not familiar with that suspension. Adjustable? How many way adjustable?

I've been eyeing the 949 Xida/ACE system. It'll affect what class I can run for autocross in other clubs that follow SCCA classing but I don't really care.

I've also been waiting for more details on the EC intercooler and will likely look into an oil cooler of some type.

Our local track (Calabogie) is a high heat load track so that's where I'm coming from. Mosport likewise.

These cars are really docile at the limit, eh? Fun to play with?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Very nice work. Something I really like about the 124 is that they remain so stock in their appearance. Very tasteful. All the goodies are stealthy.
Are all your interior bits custom too? I've been looking for a seat belt cover and haven't been happy with the choices. That stripe is a nice accent.
Best regards
Pete
Ah yes! I had the leather stitched from redlinegoods - www.redlinegoods.com. They have a great number of combinations that you can specify, including the seatbelt padding. Not too difficult to install. I also asked them to include a little extra padding for the center console. :D

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not familiar with that suspension. Adjustable? How many way adjustable?

I've been eyeing the 949 Xida/ACE system. It'll affect what class I can run for autocross in other clubs that follow SCCA classing but I don't really care.

I've also been waiting for more details on the EC intercooler and will likely look into an oil cooler of some type.

Our local track (Calabogie) is a high heat load track so that's where I'm coming from. Mosport likewise.

These cars are really docile at the limit, eh? Fun to play with?
The zero 3r coils are 24-way adjustable. Of course ride hight adjustable as well. Yeah, these cars are a ton of fun. http://www.cusco.co.jp/en/catalog/competition_zero-3.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts