Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Jeep was in the shop for windshield and frame repairs after catching a large chunk of road that's now a pothole.

Thus, I was left with no choice in today's snow...

Pictures after a hit with the snow brush.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I have no idea how you got it moving at all in the snow...

(Un)luckily I'm in the process of doing a botch job to get mine working, again.

·
Vendor
3,099 Posts
I think with the right tires it could do pretty well in the snow, not that I plan to try it.

Greg

·
Registered
251 Posts
You're insane! lol. I'm planning on daily driving mine in Wisconsin, even in the winter. With a set of snow tires it'll do just fine thanks to the LSD. I got a $30/mo unlimited touchless car wash deal at a gas station by my house, so I should be able to keep it clean. I've been driving Miatas in the winter for the past few years without a problem. It's actually a blast.

·
Registered
676 Posts
You're insane! lol. I'm planning on daily driving mine in Wisconsin, even in the winter. With a set of snow tires it'll do just fine thanks to the LSD. I got a $30/mo unlimited touchless car wash deal at a gas station by my house, so I should be able to keep it clean. I've been driving Miatas in the winter for the past few years without a problem. It's actually a blast.
A great way to learn car control at slow speeds with snow covered roads...or parking lots...safety first....nice to learn how the car will react under different inputs...steering/brakes/throttle...it all translates to the same dynamics in the dry, albeit at much higher speeds....

·
Registered
194 Posts
I found the 124 to be a great snow car... with traction control off, it's incredibly easy to do controlled oversteer and it tracks well with light throttle... the big issue I had was with hills - the lack of LSD on the Classica combined with an overly-excited hill holder made for a difficult time when climbing a steep grade. Throw on some good dedicated snow tires and this would be a great winter commute.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A great way to learn car control at slow speeds with snow covered roads...or parking lots...safety first....nice to learn how the car will react under different inputs...steering/brakes/throttle...it all translates to the same dynamics in the dry, albeit at much higher speeds....
This is absolutely true. One can learn to feel when a tail end is about to step out.
I had many "car control lessons" in my RWD manual pickup truck growing up...and only one of them ended in a ditch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts