Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found these 3" seatbelt buckle extenders on Amazon for <$9; they are perfect
for the Spider. Be sure to get one with a 7/8" tongue width.

ELUTO E11 Safety Certified 4.7 inch Car Seat Belt Extender Seat Belt Extension Buckle

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I recently wrote an article on this subject, but the price is much better for the extender you found!
Thanks for the article Dan. That was my impetus to get an extender.
The vendor Seatbelt Extender Pros gave the appearance of knowing everything
about seatbelt extenders, but in the end, couldn't figure out that a 7/8" tongue width instead of
a 1" tongue width they sent me was the answer. Lots of back and forth with them and
requests from them for pictures got us nowhere but they did issue a refund promptly.
Once I had the extender that worked, I ordered three more which arrived yesterday.
Now both the Fiat and my daily driver have extenders for driver and passenger.

·
Registered
476 Posts
i too saw ur blog on the extended and bought one for the passenger seat as the other half has trouble reaching it and is always worried about scratching the console with ring when putting it on, so this was a great idea for me.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
i too saw ur blog on the extended and bought one for the passenger seat as the other half has trouble reaching it and is always worried about scratching the console with ring when putting it on, so this was a great idea for me.
What is your experience with the extender on the passenger side? Does it mess up the air-bag warning? Does it turn off the seat-belt alarm if not fastened? I guess I could have plugged mine in on that side and tried it out ;)

·
Registered
476 Posts
What is your experience with the extender on the passenger side? Does it mess up the air-bag warning? Does it turn off the seat-belt alarm if not fastened? I guess I could have plugged mine in on that side and tried it out ;)
it works just fine and can't tell it is being used instead of the usual buckle from the car's standpoint. i haven't noted if it would shut off alarm it seat belt not used, i am assuming yes but will have to try. after the accident in the other one no chance we would not wear one in this car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts