Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is an answer to my question, but it's not the answer I want- http://www.124spider.org/forum/9-2017-fiat-124-spider-general-discussion-forum/3329-seat-belt-comfort.html

I can't see how it is possible, but does anyone have an idea, for this car or from any other car with the similar seat belt routing/anchoring, of how to get the seat belt to move it's position across my upper body farther to the left so it isn't routed over the top of my collarbone with its edge chewing into the base of my neck? I just want to move the belt route to the left, about one inch. (Same for the passenger belt, but to the right.)

I would rather have the belt route moved than just have a cushion or pad sitting in the same position, likely putting more pressure against my neck.

Short of a new routing bracket at the top corners of the seats that would move the belt position out-bound, I can't think of anything else. But there are some clever folks here who maybe have an idea.

Fixed hard top cars usually have a vertically adjustable belt bracket on the door pillar, why couldn't they have incorporated something like this into the seat?

Thanks,
Steve.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Here is an answer to my question, but it's not the answer I want- http://www.124spider.org/forum/9-2017-fiat-124-spider-general-discussion-forum/3329-seat-belt-comfort.html

I can't see how it is possible, but does anyone have an idea, for this car or from any other car with the similar seat belt routing/anchoring, of how to get the seat belt to move it's position across my upper body farther to the left so it isn't routed over the top of my collarbone with its edge chewing into the base of my neck? I just want to move the belt route to the left, about one inch. (Same for the passenger belt, but to the right.)

I would rather have the belt route moved than just have a cushion or pad sitting in the same position, likely putting more pressure against my neck.

Short of a new routing bracket at the top corners of the seats that would move the belt position out-bound, I can't think of anything else. But there are some clever folks here who maybe have an idea.

Fixed hard top cars usually have a vertically adjustable belt bracket on the door pillar, why couldn't they have incorporated something like this into the seat?

Thanks,
Steve.
Steve, I bought some of those Fiat logo pads that go over the belt - about 8 inches long or so, I guess, and they do make a big difference in comfort. I'm 6'2" and the belts were annoying me so they were worth it - maybe 20 bucks or so. And the red lettering pops a bit on the interior. By the way, my Bimmer convertible had very similar seatbelt mounts.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steve, I bought some of those Fiat logo pads that go over the belt - about 8 inches long or so, I guess, and they do make a big difference in comfort. I'm 6'2" and the belts were annoying me so they were worth it - maybe 20 bucks or so. And the red lettering pops a bit on the interior. By the way, my Bimmer convertible had very similar seatbelt mounts.
Okay, thanks. I didn't have much hope for another answer, the factory only gives the one route for the belt to run. I'll look into belt pads.

Steve.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts