Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As I stated in my introduction I have not decided to purchase a 124 as yet. I have a few issues that need addressing before I pull the trigger - or not

One of those issues is accommodating Ms124. She is somewhat vertically challenged (or as we say in Aust - shortarsed) at 5.0 ft. When she sat in the 124 her first comment was "Honey, i cannot see outta the car !!" When she jumps into our current cars she immediately raises the seat. So this really needs to be addressed, if I am to purchase a 124. Looked at the seat adjustments and there is nothing for height, which makes sense in a convertible.

Any suggestions ?? BTW I am 5'8" so any adjustment for Ms124 I could probably live with. Really not interested in psychically raising the whole seat as - 1. It would look odd & 2. it could foul the roof

·
Registered
351 Posts
You're right, the seat height does not adjust. There are lots of seat cushions available for short drivers to boost them up a few inches.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
A cushion of some sort for her to sit on? Such as a cushion for a kitchen chair? Or have a local upholstery shop make a cushion that is suited to the shape of the seat base. Then when switching drivers, toss the cushion on the other seat, or in the trunk for storage. A nicely shaped, higher density foam with a good quality cover would probably work very well, be quite comfortable, and look good.

Start with a folded bath towel, see if that raises her up.

I once bought a used Ford Ranger pickup truck and found the entire bench seat raised on wood blocks about 3/4"-1".

C'mon, make it work! Good luck.

Steve.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are pre-made car cushions !!!! Seriously never knew this. However most seem to address back and comfort issues rather than height adjustments

I just may get a local car trimmer to make one up once we determine a right height

thanks

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
My wife is 5'4" and is fine. Those 4" must make quite a difference. Probably doesn't need that much of boost.

·
Registered
476 Posts
i am 5'4", this was my number one concern, so i rushed to a mazda dealer as soon as i could to drive one to make sure i could. first the seat track is on an incline. as you go forward it rises slightly. second the front edge of the seat can be raised with the knob on the left outboard side of the seat. if you combine this with a cushion to sit on maybe she will get the extra inches she needs. then lower the steering column so that it isn't obstructing her view. my mom is 5' and my grandmother was 4'7" just look for one that looks like a wedge and a very dense foam.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts