Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to check how much they would give me for 2022 Tucson Hybrid LUX and see how much they would ask for a 2023 Tucson Plug in Lux.
Cause there's a great demand for so called USED Cars, Dealer is willing to give a cheque of 8K give my Tucson in and go on the waiting list for 2023 which could take 12 mths maybe less or more. But would give me the 2023 Plugin for the same price as my 2022 but 2023 car is worth more 5K due to Plug in.
the other 2K come from insurance, parking and plates.

So I would be left with my Spider to go down to Florida, Great dream, but the down fall is, if something happens to my spider, I would be left with no car, paying big $$ to get a car and so on.

If the spider was still getting built, then I would no problem with the decision, but is car is Kaput then problem become bigger on my part.

So I would have 10K in my pocket, but the cost, the vacation if new car goes beyond 13 months and ect.

Money is not a issue, so what would you guys do.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FYI - Quebec is still giving electric and hybrid rebates. The Tuscon seems to qualify for $2500 back (if that makes any difference to your calculations).
you forgot $5000 from the federal, fed 5000 + 2500 prov and 500 loyalty = 8k

my issue is if by any bad luck my spider is accidented I will have no car. Then I have 10K in my pocket but no pony. LOL

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Won’t insurance cover a rental? I say do it life’s to short for what ifs. Enjoy your Florida vacation!
1 month and X amount per day, The real issue is that it could be the end of my spider. Ruin my vacation and what buy a used Spider,
Cars are getting scarce, that's why used cars price have gone up like crazy.

·
Registered
710 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Having the 124 as my only car would make me a bit nervous.
The spider is my only car. I’m sort of a minimalist. Possessions just weigh you down.

side note…

Several years ago I bought my son a new Hyundai after he graduated and moved out of state. Last year he got a flat tire. He Texted me. I said call Hyundai road assistance, it’s right there on the side window. He calls, and they tell him since on the side of the road, it’s too dangerous, so call someone else. CLICK. Long story short, no more Hyundais for me.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If so, then what price your peace of mind?
My peace of mind is stuck without a CAR. Now I have 2 cars, if I take the 10K, I will be left with 1 car and If the spider gets accidented, well I am stuck with 0 cars.
It's like a rich guy with money and poor health and his money cannot buy HEALTH.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The spider is my only car. I’m sort of a minimalist. Possessions just weigh you down.

side note…

Several years ago I bought my son a new Hyundai after he graduated and moved out of state. Last year he got a flat tire. He Texted me. I said call Hyundai road assistance, it’s right there on the side window. He calls, and they tell him since on the side of the road, it’s too dangerous, so call someone else. CLICK. Long story short, no more Hyundais for me.
Everyone has a good or bad story about a car, I had 3 Hyunai( 2 elantra and 1 2001 Santa fe) cannot complain. Now the Tucson Hybrid is my 4th, Hyundai seem to get better and better and offering more due to the bad days of the Poney and Stellar.
I know people with Hondas and Toyota that they wouldn't touch it with a 10ft poll and they're considered very good cars. I think it s personal and at the end each one makes his choice.

·
Registered
710 Posts
My peace of mind is stuck without a CAR. Now I have 2 cars, if I take the 10K, I will be left with 1 car and If the spider gets accidented, well I am stuck with 0 cars.
It's like a rich guy with money and poor health and his money cannot buy HEALTH.
So that's what I'm asking. If you don't need the money and keeping the 2nd car gives you peace of mind, then keep it.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So that's what I'm asking. If you don't need the money and keeping the 2nd car gives you peace of mind, then keep it.
In today car situation either new or used, You don't have much choice and very price, that's why I am keeping the status quo. I asked just incase someone had a very good idea to go ahead and keep the $10k

1 - 16 of 16 Posts