SSR gtv02
17x7 +42
215/45
Originally matte black, repainted gloss graphite gray

·
Registered
2017 Lusso
67 Posts
Volk Racing Rays TE37s with Yokohama Advan Neova AD08Rs.

Front & rear camber set at around -2 degrees with toe in set around 2mm.

Car sits on Eibach lowering springs with Fastrace adjustable camber arms.
I wouldn't have ever thought to put gold rims on a black car - and I love it. Such a beautiful car!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I wouldn't have ever thought to put gold rims on a black car - and I love it. Such a beautiful car!
Thanks, glad you like it, #actually I'm going for the whole black & gold look, taking my lead from the JPS cars of the eighties

·
Registered
1 Posts
I stared at the wheels posted on this thread and the tire/spring threads a few hundred times before settling - thanks to anyone who posted
Might as well register and contribute:

Konig Ampliform Bronze 17x8, 45mm offset
Yokohama Advan Fleva V701 235/40 - higher tread life/cheaper tire, tired of torching rubber in a single summer
Progress springs

Wheels are a deeper bronze than every picture posted so far, they only appear gold when in direct sunlight
Shoutout to Goodwin for parts

·
Registered
254 Posts
18" OZ Ultraleggera +38 offset in Crystal Titanium mounted on 205/40r18 Nitto Neo Gen tires. I originally had 18mm spacers mounted along with them but the rears would rub the fender on dips on the highway. Only had them on for a day.

As for the ride on 18s, VERY GOOD!!! It's still perfectly comfortable.

I'm very happy with my wheel and colour choice. :)

·
Premium Member
2,569 Posts
My photos are crappy, and I'm lucky I was able to stand to take the picture. Lord the wind was blowing this afternoon. Plus the tires are dusty as heck and seriously need a wipe down with tire shine. The photos were taken just shortly after I left the dealership.

Spec-1 Racing SP-55 18" wheels, with Nitto Invo 235/40R18's mounted on them. McGard floating cone spline locking lugs to hold everything on. :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
My photos are crappy, and I'm lucky I was able to stand to take the picture. Lord the wind was blowing this afternoon. Plus the tires are dusty as heck and seriously need a wipe down with tire shine. The photos were taken just shortly after I left the dealership.

Spec-1 Racing SP-55 18" wheels, with Nitto Invo 235/40R18's mounted on them. McGard floating cone spline locking lugs to hold everything on. :)

View attachment 83109
View attachment 83110
View attachment 83111
View attachment 83112
That's a big tire! Stock ride height? Any rubbing?

·
Premium Member
2,569 Posts
That's a big tire! Stock ride height? Any rubbing?
Yup. But I love the look of them, and the width. The downside is going to be washing those wheels... what was I thinking? lol

Stock ride height. But I am now about 9mm higher off the ground due to the overall diameter of the tire being 18mm larger.

I'm not hearing any rubbing, but I'll know for sure later today or tomorrow. The tech was supposed to leave the centre caps off so I could place them myself... the anal retentive part of me wanted them installed so that the bottom of the Abarth shield pointed towards the valve stem. That didn't happen, so rather than take it back to the dealer, I'm just going to pull the wheels and reinstall everything myself. Just waiting for things to warm up a bit more before I go out to the garage. When I pull the front wheels I'll be able to see if there's been any rubbing or not. The other fellow who installed the same wheels (but different tires) told me he only got some very minor rubbing on full wheel lock. I tried a full wheel lock turn in an empty parking lot yesterday but didn't hear anything, so visual inspection will confirm if they do or do not.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I stared at the wheels posted on this thread and the tire/spring threads a few hundred times before settling - thanks to anyone who posted
Might as well register and contribute:

Konig Ampliform Bronze 17x8, 45mm offset
Yokohama Advan Fleva V701 235/40 - higher tread life/cheaper tire, tired of torching rubber in a single summer
Progress springs

View attachment 82531

Wheels are a deeper bronze than every picture posted so far, they only appear gold when in direct sunlight
Shoutout to Goodwin for parts
My favorite looking wheel for the Spider so far.

·
Registered
254 Posts

Reactions: chilicharger665

·
Registered
Abarth 124, Eibach 15mm spacers, rota rb 17
8 Posts
_20210502_183725.JPG

17x7.5 rota RB on 225/45s. RBs need 15mm spacers in this size, and longer studs - bolt on spacers won't work as the nut recesses in the rotas aren't big enough. Stock springs.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts