Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

181 - 200 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Gorgeous car, Brett. Just a heads up...I plan to copy your performance mods as well as your rally stripes.
Fortunately we are so far apart geographically we will be one of a kind in our towns!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Added the fender badges this weekend.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Gorgeous car, Brett. Just a heads up...I plan to copy your performance mods as well as your rally stripes.
Fortunately we are so far apart geographically we will be one of a kind in our towns!
Bandit, I'll be copying many of yours as well...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thought I'd post a couple pictures of my "Lil' Red Car" (my wife's name for it.) They're not very good pictures, but I wanted to get some opinions on the stripe. It's a 2019 Classica, that I bought used (3,000 miles) a couple months ago. It's a very base model with little to no options. That said - I LOVE the car more than any other car I've ever owned. I just wish I'd been a member of this site before I bought the car. I was taken advantage of by the BMW dealer - paid more for my used Classica than brand new ones that are heavily discounted across town are selling for. My own fault and no one else's - I didn't do the proper research prior to purchasing. Should have gone for a heavily discounted Abarth, but I was comparing it against Miata's at the time, and thought I was getting a good deal. Chalk it up to experience and lesson learned.

So as you can see, the car has a "racing stripe" on it - which I'm sure was a dealer-installed option in order to jack up the price to the original purchaser. I can't make up my mind about it. If I would decide to get rid of it, does anyone know how to go about it? Will it just peel off?

Let me know what you think of the stripe and/or if you have any ideas on how to remove the it if I decide to go down that path. Be honest - you won't hurt my feelings. I'm gonna love this car no matter what! : - )

Thanks everyone!

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
Found a lovely little cabin for a little solo vacation a couple weeks back. It was definitely OK!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thought I'd post a couple pictures of my "Lil' Red Car" (my wife's name for it.) They're not very good pictures, but I wanted to get some opinions on the stripe. It's a 2019 Classica, that I bought used (3,000 miles) a couple months ago. It's a very base model with little to no options. That said - I LOVE the car more than any other car I've ever owned. I just wish I'd been a member of this site before I bought the car. I was taken advantage of by the BMW dealer - paid more for my used Classica than brand new ones that are heavily discounted across town are selling for. My own fault and no one else's - I didn't do the proper research prior to purchasing. Should have gone for a heavily discounted Abarth, but I was comparing it against Miata's at the time, and thought I was getting a good deal. Chalk it up to experience and lesson learned.

So as you can see, the car has a "racing stripe" on it - which I'm sure was a dealer-installed option in order to jack up the price to the original purchaser. I can't make up my mind about it. If I would decide to get rid of it, does anyone know how to go about it? Will it just peel off?

Let me know what you think of the stripe and/or if you have any ideas on how to remove the it if I decide to go down that path. Be honest - you won't hurt my feelings. I'm gonna love this car no matter what! : - )

Thanks everyone!
Hey StlSpiderGuy! I'm in Stl too! I personally like the stripe.
I bought my Red Abarth new last year and it was on their lot for about 6 months. Got a decent deal. But I've been in your shoes before. Yep. Lesson learned and move past it.
Even though this may be this car's last year of production, it's an instant classic. Cherish it. Enjoy it. I love mine.
Just ensure you get the little gremlins fixed before the warranty runs out (i.e. thermostat issues). I'm keeping mine for a long time.
Feel free to reach out to connect and go for drive. Spring is here!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks Adam - I certainly will. I've heard from a couple other STL-area folks on the forum, but I still have yet to see another Spider out on the road. Once we're past the whole virus thing I'll hit you up. I'm on the Illinois side over in Waterloo, but (when not working from home) I drive up I-270 every day to where I work in Des Peres, so I can meet up just about anywhere.

Thanks again - stay safe!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Ghost town.

·
Registered
99 Posts

181 - 200 of 200 Posts