Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 447 Posts

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
My 2017 124 Spider Lusso.

First mod, GFB DV+

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
235 Posts
How do you like the GFB DV+? Is the difference noticeable? I'm thinking about getting one, most people are saying it's a worthwhile investment.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How do you like the GFB DV+? Is the difference noticeable? I'm thinking about getting one, most people are saying it's a worthwhile investment.
I had it on my Dart, and I had a boost gauge on my Dart, so I could see that it works as advertised, holding boost for those times the throttle plate closes briefly, like between shifts. With my 124 being 1000 pounds lighter, I can actually feel that it is holding boost between shifts. Well worth it for this car.

·
Super Moderator
886 Posts
Wow - that's a clean car! I'm saving that to my pictures folder.
I did the DV+ too, but it was so soon after getting my car that I did not have much of a chance to detect any problems. FWIW, I am unimpressed with the flimsy construction of the stock part. That inner partition essentially fell apart as I very carefully removed it. It's easy to see why this part has issues on other cars.
best regards,
Pete

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Front end Friday. After almost two weeks of rain I was finally able to get the top down. Beautiful afternoon.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Installed the CravenSpeed Stubby antenna, and the Eurocompulsion V4 intake today.

A big thanks to PureAdrenaline for helping me out with the evap hose connection.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Vendor
3,086 Posts
Shark, your car looks very nice. I am sure you are finding that this engine in a car that weighs 800 pounds less than a Dart is pretty fun. I think the engine and this chassis are a good match.

Greg

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Shark, your car looks very nice. I am sure you are finding that this engine in a car that weighs 800 pounds less than a Dart is pretty fun. I think the engine and this chassis are a good match.

Greg
Thanks Greg! It's a great little motor, I'm glad I was able to perform some serious weight reduction! I'll be getting your tune soon ;)

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It looks like the GFB is much easier in the spider than the 500 , correct?. Thanks
The diverter valve may be easier to access under the hood, I'm not sure. Disassembly of the diverter is exactly the same.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Installed NGEN coil packs today.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Since the plug connectors on the NGEN coil packs are angled upwards, the engine cover no longer fits. Oh darn ;)

1 - 20 of 447 Posts