Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

481 - 500 of 538 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
I am loving my EC P2 tune, cannot imagine what it is like to have the P3. Quit rubbing it on!!!???
It's like you add the feeling from phase 1 to the feeling you had from phase 2, then double it. It's smiles x 10. Zero regrets and can't imagine anyone having a regret or doubt post upgrade

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #483
Another swaybars install that might help? It's for Mx5 nd2:
That’s a really good video. I hope to tackle this install some day.

Reactions: 68wooley

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
That’s a really good video. I hope to tackle this install some day.
Watched it earlier - first one I’ve seen that makes me think maybe it wouldn’t be so bad.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #485
Watched it earlier - first one I’ve seen that makes me think maybe it wouldn’t be so bad.
I’m still holding out hope for @XtremeRevolution to chime in on the subject with a write up. Also, if he posts a write up for a roll bar, I’m going for it.

·
Administrator
1,991 Posts
I’m still holding out hope for @XtremeRevolution to chime in on the subject with a write up. Also, if he posts a write up for a roll bar, I’m going for it.
Soon. Soon as this weather clears up. Every weekend, it's been cold and rainy or just flat out cold. I have a few projects queued up for the start of this driving season.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
As much as a I swore and broke things when I did mine (literally, years ago, now, and there was no knowledge about it), I would not hesitate to do it again, if needed.

Reactions: Chainringtattoo

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
As much as a I swore and broke things when I did mine (literally, years ago, now, and there was no knowledge about it), I would not hesitate to do it again, if needed.
I agree. I think it's a very good upgrade. Even more so if you aren't adding coilovers. If I had it to do over again I would have gone with something like Progress or FM sway bars. The Karcepts are very nice, but massive overkill. I have no complaints with my car's handling, though. It will stay flat through a corner at a speeds higher than I have the courage to go.

And @XtremeRevolution I think you owe us several tutorials!

Reactions: XtremeRevolution

·
Banned
2,959 Posts
I agree. I think it's a very good upgrade. Even more so if you aren't adding coilovers. If I had it to do over again I would have gone with something like Progress or FM sway bars. The Karcepts are very nice, but massive overkill. I have no complaints with my car's handling, though. It will stay flat through a corner at a speeds higher than I have the courage to go.

And @XtremeRevolution I think you owe us several tutorials!
Overkill? So on top of them being the easiest to install they are also the best thus far?

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Overkill? So on top of them being the easiest to install they are also the best thus far?
My install was no easier than a normal install. It took about 8 hours. I had to do some grinding and banging to get them to fit. I just needed a 1/16" of an inch but sometimes that makes a big difference. The only thing it saved me was dropping the steering rack. Didn't save me time or effort. They look killer and have tons of adjustment, most of which you'll never use on a street car. These sway bars are for dedicated race cars. Mine is not.

Reactions: MiniDreamCar

·
Banned
2,959 Posts
My install was no easier than a normal install. It took about 8 hours. I had to do some grinding and banging to get them to fit. I just needed a 1/16" of an inch but sometimes that makes a big difference. The only thing it saved me was dropping the steering rack. Didn't save me time or effort. They look killer and have tons of adjustment, most of which you'll never use on a street car. These sway bars are for dedicated race cars. Mine is not.
Others have had better luck though, just chopping up the stock ones and installing Karcepts?

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Others have had better luck though, just chopping up the stock ones and installing Karcepts?
Yes. My bushings were just slightly off or the bolts on my car were. I had to grind out a bushing hole and then bang the hell out of the bar to get it through the other bushing. It took hours to make sure I wasn't messing anything up. I broke a sweat!

·
Registered
330 Posts
My Karcepts bars only took a couple hours to install, but for example, I found the EC intercooler install to be much "easier", because despite taking twice as long, everything fit perfectly. The Karcepts bars took some muscle, on the other hand. I have been called out by a friend for the marring on the bar where I got frustrated and started blamming with my blammer.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
My Karcepts bars only took a couple hours to install, but for example, I found the EC intercooler install to be much "easier", because despite taking twice as long, everything fit perfectly. The Karcepts bars took some muscle, on the other hand. I have been called out by a friend for the marring on the bar where I got frustrated and started blamming with my blammer.
Oh I did a lot of blamming also. I just used a block of wood in between. I think it took about a thousand hits to get it to move 1/2". Or so it seemed.

·
Banned
2,959 Posts
Blammer? Rubber hammer?

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Reactions: SJWhiteley

·
Banned
2,959 Posts

·