Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

sharkcohen's Lusso

110K views 623 replies 80 participants last post by  mtnghost 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
My 2017 124 Spider Lusso.

First mod, GFB DV+

See less See more
#5 ·
How do you like the GFB DV+? Is the difference noticeable? I'm thinking about getting one, most people are saying it's a worthwhile investment.

#7 ·
I had it on my Dart, and I had a boost gauge on my Dart, so I could see that it works as advertised, holding boost for those times the throttle plate closes briefly, like between shifts. With my 124 being 1000 pounds lighter, I can actually feel that it is holding boost between shifts. Well worth it for this car.

#8 ·
Wow - that's a clean car! I'm saving that to my pictures folder.
I did the DV+ too, but it was so soon after getting my car that I did not have much of a chance to detect any problems. FWIW, I am unimpressed with the flimsy construction of the stock part. That inner partition essentially fell apart as I very carefully removed it. It's easy to see why this part has issues on other cars.
best regards,
Pete

#28 ·
Very simple mod. Unscrew the stock antenna from the base and screw the stubby on. Cheers.

#34 ·
Hi Sharkcohen, I ran into the same issue. I planned on either notching as you suggest or cut the angled down piece off entirely. What size washers did you use. I measured a 3/8 inch rise with those coils.

Cheers,
Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.