Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to make a 36,000Mile/3 Year Review of the 124 Spider on You Tube(similar to the one I did for 25K/2 Year).

Everyone is invited to post a short (2-3 sentences tops) comment on what they think of their 124. Fun? Reliable? Issues? Practicality? etc.

Please note, I will use as many comments as possible in the video and attribute them to the name of the poster. If you wish to be anonymous or have me use a different name please include that info at the bottom of your comment.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Classica, Basic Sports car to enjoy, or modify to suit you, Lusso, The executive 124 and the Sporting Abarth Spider. All three models have proven reliability built into them through their shared Mazda MX5 platform DNA whilst outwardly displaying their Italian Heritage lightweight body design with the beating heart of a turbo assisted Fiat 1.4 Multiair engine unit .

·
Registered
2017 Spider Abarth AT
634 Posts
Fun, fun, fun. But watch out for car’s strong affinity for fall foliage and twisty roads. Tough to avoid them if nearby.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
One of the best-kept secrets on the market.

Something this affordable shouldn’t be so much fun.

Italian where it counts: styling, turbo kick, refined suspension tuning, amazing engine sound. Japanese where it counts: assembly quality and attention to detail. The best of both worlds.

Edited for photos

Greetings from Beautiful Washington State!
Wheel Tire Sky Car Vehicle

Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Plant

Car Vehicle Sky Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light

Sky Cloud Wheel Tire Vehicle

Sky Tire Car Wheel Vehicle

·
Registered
572 Posts
Introverts beware. You will be approached while refueling and at red lights.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Reactions: SteveP.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Ridiculously fun and Incredibly reliable despite my several modifications.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Introverts beware. You will be approached while refueling and at red lights.

Probably one of the most honest things viewers will read on the internet today.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Sports car looks and performance with luxury brand factory warranty, and discount brand customer service.

Reactions: Tazilon Brenner

·
Registered
787 Posts
To drive this car is a purposeful act. It’s not a just get in, start, and drive like the average mid size ute. You can, of course, but that’s not this cars purpose and you will tire at the inconveniences.

You sit low. It’s loud at highway speeds. With the manual, you need to pay extra attention. (No checking texts at red light). You have to be a good driver. (I often quote top gear driving a semi.)

Bottom line, this car is for those that enjoy the act of driving, all the time, every time.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Somehow it makes my VW GTI seem like a Buick. A big, lazy sedan for times when I would have to put the 124's top up.

Dry days between 50 and 100 degrees are for enjoying the wind in my hair!

Mike

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Somehow it makes my VW GTI seem like a Buick. A big, lazy sedan for times when I would have to put the 124's top up.

Dry days between 50 and 100 degrees are for enjoying the wind in my hair!

Mike
Agreed. My Spider makes everything else drive and feel like a beached whale.

Reactions: Tazilon Brenner

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am getting ready to make a 36,000Mile/3 Year Review of the 124 Spider on You Tube(similar to the one I did for 25K/2 Year).

Everyone is invited to post a short (2-3 sentences tops) comment on what they think of their 124. Fun? Reliable? Issues? Practicality? etc.

Please note, I will use as many comments as possible in the video and attribute them to the name of the poster. If you wish to be anonymous or have me use a different name please include that info at the bottom of your comment.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I purchased my 2020 Silver Classica Auto in June, we love it and since you don't see many 124's we are often asked what kind of car it is. Most think it has more pizzazz and more expensive than a Miata!

Eric Brenner

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I purchased my 2020 Silver Classica Auto in June, we love it and since you don't see many 124's we are often asked what kind of car it is. Most think it has more pizzazz and more expensive than a Miata!

Eric Brenner
Great last name!

• Haha
Reactions: Magoffin
1 - 20 of 30 Posts