Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a new shifter knob,
But can't make up my mind.

So I thought I'd ask to see what some of the members have gone with.

I have noticed that there are a lot of custom 500 knobs, not sure if they are the same size as the 124.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I would doubt the 500 knobs will fit on the 124 Spider, the cars are made by 2 different companies.

Any knob that will fit the ND generation Mazda MX5 (Miata) will fit the Spider. Metric thread, M10x1.25mm.

Choices, choices. Here are 5 that I still have, 3 others have gone out into the world on other Spiders. Wood knobs I've made. (Excuse the slight wide angle lens distortion a the left and right knobs.) L to R, cocobolo, burl maple, canarywood, padauk (which in natural light is orange/red, not purple/red), and figured maple.

Padauk installed just after construction, before the wood had a chance to darken a bit in color from sun exposure.

Steve.

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
This is two pounds of fun...

Attachments

·
Registered
383 Posts
Feels good in the hand and is never hot... sickspeed knob with aluminum boot collar - adds height to the shifter and helps reduce accidental nav knob changes

·
Registered
1,113 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Here are the two I have purchased, I can't speak highly enough of Raceseng's craftsmanship. I purchased the Rondure, the red one, right before the Circuit series came out because I wanted more of a cylindrical knob and that was all they had. When the Circuit series came out I decided to switch to that because the Rondure was a little too large for my hand and the weight killed the feel of shifting. I'm in love with my Circuit Cylinder and think it almost looks OEM with the material!

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
really love this little lightweight mahogany lever I picked up from Rev9. Personally, I prefer the lighter, notchier shift action vs. the increased momentum the stock heavyweight lever gives... plus it matches the floor mats. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
Dang - this thread made me burn a lot of time this week on something i never realized would be an option for me.

Still figuring out what I want to do.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Corksport leather knob. I love it. Slightly taller, slightly heavier, larger circumference and much nicer for overhand shifting. I never liked the OEM knob for this reason.

Stitching matches the hand brake's very well, too. Redline Goods shifter and brake boots (black Nappa leather, red stitching) on their way, so I'll update pics when those are in.

20200311_163809.jpg
20200311_163831.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
Red insert installed. I also had a black one created as well, in case I ever want to go that route. But for now, red is right. :)

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
1 - 20 of 40 Posts