Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Dodgeman921, love that knob. What are the details?

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Depotdan - pricey they may be - but in my opinion, probably the best interior I've seen on here. Very classy. I really like how everything matches, with just the right amount of red. The shifter knob is the perfect cherry on top. I just installed a new console cover and worked quite a while to get it on straight and installed. How was the install for the meter hood and lower dash pieces?

·
Banned
3,050 Posts
Don’t feel a need to change it!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Decisions, decisions. From post 4 of this thread... last night I rolled out my car for the first time this season and I installed the figured maple knob from the right side of the photo in post 4. The shape provides great engagement and grip over the top of the knob for both push and pull strokes. A far superior shape to the stock Classica/Lusso knob, a shape that fills the hand.

May as well include a glamour shot. Low angle sun about an hour before sunset in front of a still-frozen lake. What a great way to have fun and practice this social distancing trend.

Steve.

·
124 Spider Vendor
957 Posts
Choices we have today include the classic 'Voodoo Knob' that have been popular in the Miata community for decades, comes in 6 different colors!

These are on our site and shipping daily, see them all by clicking HERE.

For the Racers out there seeking something non-metal we have our own Delrin choice:
RoadsterSport R3 Delrin Shift Knob

I find most knobs available a bit small for my hands. So, we are making another choice, will soon have the BIG RED KNOB on the site:

Watch our Fiat 124 interior section for that one in about a month....CLICK HERE.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Not been impressed with the voodoo knobs..had pearl and satin and on both the finishes were quite poor. I like the weight though.

I currently use a slightly taller satin knob, a bit more Japanese in design which i like. But also a bit less bulky which gives a better feel between shifts imo.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Corksport leather knob. I love it. Slightly taller, slightly heavier, larger circumference and much nicer for overhand shifting. I never liked the OEM knob for this reason.

Stitching matches the hand brake's very well, too. Redline Goods shifter and brake boots (black Nappa leather, red stitching) on their way, so I'll update pics when those are in.

View attachment 75223 View attachment 75225 View attachment 75226 View attachment 75227
Hi, are you willing to sell to me the stock shift knop?

·
Registered
187 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Here is the shift knob in my car.

It's a bit of a one-off as it was originally a long stemmed shift knob made by Billet Technology for a 300 SRT.
I cut off the shaft then drilled and tapped it to fit the threading on the Fiat.
BIllet Tech made really high quality stuff. This knob is over 12 years old but still looks like new.

For a size comparison here is the current vs the factory

You can see its a bit shorter than the factory knob and about 30% wider.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I really like that Bandit. An agressive look that matches perfectly with the boot/console and the silver boot frame. Nicely done...
Thank you. Just a bit more info, the black rings on the knob are rubber o-rings. They do get a bit brittle after a few years. I replaced them all today for $3 at the local auto parts store... The billet knob itself never needs anything more than a wipe with a damp rag. I'm not sure but it may have a clear anodize finish that protects it.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts