Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts

not my car here obviously but i use one of these 300mm knobs. Ive never enjoyed the feeling of a short throw shifter, and the one on the fiat is nice and precise and i found that precise feeling transfers through the 6 inch long knob plenty well.

·
Registered
2018 Abarth Spider
37 Posts
Just put this one on. Candy red, steel...a bit heavier than the original and it seems to help with shifting....but now my gas mileage sucks🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
This is an anti-theft shift knob. No indication of the gears. 🤣

Attachments

·
Registered
Abarth 124 Spider & Audi S5 Cab
33 Posts
I have literally just sat after replacing my Abarth 124 Spider knob with a machined ali one.
It’s from

Vehicle White Light Motor vehicle Car
I'm looking for a new shifter knob,
But can't make up my mind.

So I thought I'd ask to see what some of the members have gone with.

I have noticed that there are a lot of custom 500 knobs, not sure if they are the same size as the 124.

·
Premium Member
2,983 Posts
Here is the shift knob in my car.
View attachment 75427
I haven't visited this thread for quite some time, and hadn't seen what you'd done till now. I lke what you did with the o-rings, as I found that when I first installed my knob (back on page one of this thread), that the edges were a bit sharp. They're smoother now, but the addition of o-rings would not only remove that problem completely, but also add an additional bit of grip to the knob itself. Such a simple solution, once you've seen it. The age old question of "Why didn't I think of that?"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Feels good in the hand and is never hot... sickspeed knob with aluminum boot collar - adds height to the shifter and helps reduce accidental nav knob changes

Did you have to remove the boot or any trim pieces to install that retainer? I'm looking to go about the same route in my car.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts