Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nope.
The design of the car is iconic. This is a distraction. FWIW, I also dislike the phony vents on the lower quarter panels.
“Less is more”. Don’t know who said it, but they were right.
Best regards
Pete
For the record , it was Coco Chanel :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Appears they both claimed it. They were both around at the same time ......

During Chanel's affair with the Duke of Westminster in the 1930s, her style began to reflect her personal emotions. Her inability to reinvent the little black dress was a sign of such reality. She began to design a "less is more" aesthetic.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I personally like it. The hood latches is see in carbon fiber...are those functional as well? For the front diffuser, do you have a link for the it and the rods? I applaud how you personalized it...makes it that much more unique.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Oscarsordo50,
Sand
cast aluminum? Wow, that is some serious craftsmanship! I want to let you know there are people on this forum that appreciate the effort and inventiveness. Not everyone here feels modifying our Fiatas is a crime against humanity. 😃

I've done some serious mods to my Spider and get the same snarky responses. My motto: I do things that amuse me. If that offends you, that amuses me as well.
I'm a fan of a racoon tail on my stubby antenna and foam dice on the rear view mirror!

·
Registered
2019 Abarth, Black w/Matte hood & trunk, EC XPipe, Tune & V2 Air
72 Posts
Nordamericano
Thank you for the comments I was beginning to think I had committed a crime from some earlier comments. The air deflectors where also designed and constructed by me. They are made of plexiglass and are attached by an aluminum hinge to the small triangular glass on the door. Again, it was a leap of faith because when I tried to drill the holes in that small piece of safety glass, well you guessed it, it shattered into a million pieces. Not giving up I removed the opposite piece of glass from the other door and used it to make a template which I used to make two pieces out of plexiglass which then allowed me to drill and attach the hinges for the air deflectors...which by the way work great especially when the top is down. Nothing new here roadsters and other non-airconditioned early automobiles had these.
[/QUOTE
Did you post a few good pics of these? I don’t see them but am very interested, as I can’t stand the cabin air flow (Florida resident)!

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 124 spider Abarth
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I personally like it. The hood latches is see in carbon fiber...are those functional as well? For the front diffuser, do you have a link for the it and the rods? I applaud how you personalized it...makes it that much more unique.
I am glad you like the mods pnguin911. Thanks.
The hood latches are functional, the front diffuser and rods both, I found on a web site called "Wish".
Log on and search for "Fiat 124 Abarth" and you will be surprised how many items they have.
They are very reasonable, price wise, the only thing is that they are Chinese and it usually takes a month to get your order, some orders take less.

·
Registered
2020 Abarth 124 Brillante White Velleno package with Monza exhaust.
1,295 Posts
I don’t know how I missed this post, but this is very cool! It reminds me of when @Spoolin32 cut his hood and fitted some very functional vents. That car made me want a white Abarth so bad! In my opinion there is almost nothing you can do to this car to make it look bad. I say almost because with enough front panels you can technically make it look like a ND Miata in the front. 🤣

·
Registered
141 Posts
Now...if you'd only shown a bit of attention to detail and matched the cf pattern on the windscreen surrounds...then I might have considered it an upgrade. But at the moment they look like blind Grandma's patchwork quilt attempt.

By all means...modify. Being picky but I just wish people would pay attention to details. They make or break.

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 124 ABARTH
1,052 Posts
Hey, OSCARSORDO50! I've got a set of (4) 100mm spacers for the front and rear. I installed them on my car then realized they wouldn't work for me as my rims were too wide. So other than a test fitting, they are new. If you are interested, send me a PM and I will let you have them for free if you cover the cost of shipping.

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 124 ABARTH
1,052 Posts
I haven't seen an AOL mail account in ages! :p

I'll reach out to you with pics of the parts and we can figure out the shipping cost.

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 124 spider Abarth
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
I haven't seen an AOL mail account in ages! :p

I'll reach out to you with pics of the parts and we can figure out the shipping cost.
I am sorry Bandit...I just retired from teaching high school history and lost my google account I had with the school and have not had the time to create a new one.
Yes let me know how I can pay for the shipping and I will do it.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts