Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Fiat 124 Spider Lusso
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, everybody-

So over at the Giulia forum, we have been discussing the new Sila/Madness Power+ piggy-back unit as compared to other piggy-back options. From what we are learning over there, it is a more laid-back option to the Madness Maxpower Pro and other options. Does anybody have experience installing one of these units on the 124 application? Has cold start timer, etc. Retails at $399, which is less than the MPP. Here's the link:

If anybody has installed one of these or knows of anyone who has, please let me know your impressions.

Thanks!

·
Vendor
653 Posts
Hey, everybody-

So over at the Giulia forum, we have been discussing the new Sila/Madness Power+ piggy-back unit as compared to other piggy-back options. From what we are learning over there, it is a more laid-back option to the Madness Maxpower Pro and other options. Does anybody have experience installing one of these units on the 124 application? Has cold start timer, etc. Retails at $399, which is less than the MPP. Here's the link:

If anybody has installed one of these or knows of anyone who has, please let me know your impressions.

Thanks!
Hello Project124,

Thank you for your interest in the SILA Power+

That is correct that the Power+ is a more cost effective option, for those who just want a little more power our of their vehicle.

After phasing out the previous generation of the MAXPower we still received requests for something a little milder with a more straightforward installation.

We have the Power+ installed on one of our own vehicles here at the shop and have put it through thousands of miles of aggressive testing with no errors.

The installation is simpler than then MAXPower PRO as the SILA Power+ only requires installation on 2 sensors (The Boost and manifold pressure sensors) and the module is powered via those connections.

Our I.T. Team is working on putting the installation instructions together, and hopefully can have something uploaded next week.

Hopefully there are some members on the forum here who have installed the Power+ and can give their feedback.

As always, please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly if we can assist you.
Thank you again.

·
Registered
'18 124 Abarth mt
17 Posts
Couple of questions then.... The only interrupt boxes I've played with are of the diesel variety, so I'm coming from that direction.

First, how aggressively does this box play with timing?

Second, is there a fueling dimension to this box?

Third, does it handle timing in low boost or low octane situations - safety?

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hello Project124,

Thank you for your interest in the SILA Power+

That is correct that the Power+ is a more cost effective option, for those who just want a little more power our of their vehicle.

After phasing out the previous generation of the MAXPower we still received requests for something a little milder with a more straightforward installation.

We have the Power+ installed on one of our own vehicles here at the shop and have put it through thousands of miles of aggressive testing with no errors.

The installation is simpler than then MAXPower PRO as the SILA Power+ only requires installation on 2 sensors (The Boost and manifold pressure sensors) and the module is powered via those connections.

Our I.T. Team is working on putting the installation instructions together, and hopefully can have something uploaded next week.

Hopefully there are some members on the forum here who have installed the Power+ and can give their feedback.

As always, please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly if we can assist you.
Thank you again.
Would like the link to installation when available.

·
Vendor
6 Posts
Hi all.

Y'all have questions, hopefully I can answer some of them.

Thanks!
I've driven the module on our Stelvio and one of my Abarth 500s in comparison to the MP Pro for each of those engines. I haven't driven it on the 124 as ours has an ECU remap (plus it's in TX and I'm in the CA office at the moment). I know it's not an apples to apples comparison, so please take my words with a grain of salt here. This is all anecdotal based upon my seat time with each vehicle. I know many of you are hard-numbers based, and I'm afraid my accounts will likely not satisfy your questions. As time frees up from late spring to summer, we hope to have something more concrete to pass along your way.

Anyway - moving on:

The MP Pro has a more capable onboard processor than the Power+, meaning that it can be mapped to be more aggressive safely. Not that the Power+ isn't safe, it's just less aggressive in power delivery vs the MP Pro, and tapers off power earlier in the rpm range for safety purposes.

What this means is a fat bump in the midrange, with boost following the factory inclination to start dropping boost at roughly 5k. The MP Pro has a higher peak and tends to keep power going a little longer before dropping, around about 5.5k. It's pretty good for an entry level box, just less capable than the other.

Couple of questions then.... The only interrupt boxes I've played with are of the diesel variety, so I'm coming from that direction.

First, how aggressively does this box play with timing?

Second, is there a fueling dimension to this box?

Third, does it handle timing in low boost or low octane situations - safety?

Thanks for any info.
You have good questions. As the only signals being interrupted pertain to airflow, it's the factory ECU's job to make the timing and fueling compensations. As a rule, the changes we elicit via modules are mapped in a way that errs on the side of safety. Where applicable, we push for rich conditions. Better to dump fuel than a cylinder, even though the car does a pretty good job already of letting you know it doesn't like something.

Would like the link to installation when available.
This should be up on the site tomorrow. Apologies for the delay, edits were needed.

+1 for this. Curious to see how the install goes on this application as compared to other units with a greater number of sensors.
It'll be just the first parts of the MP Pro install: Install Instructions - MaxPower Pro, 124 Spider

We used to recommend attacking the boost sensor from the PS wheelwell. I think we still get to it from below (benefits to having a lift). I think trying to connect it from the top side requires pianist's hands. We're doing an install on a Spider here at the CA office next week. I'll do it personally and give you an update.

Are there any numbers available for the 124 platform? This is interesting.
Not at the moment. If there's any users in CA who have the time and want to work with me on this, drop me a line.
[email protected] // 562-981-6800 #109

We'd love to have something for you by late spring as time frees up.

Cheers, y'all. Feel free to call or email me directly with any other questions - I'll share what I can.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts