Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After 1,200 miles or so into the 124, there are two very small but notable little details I miss almost daily from the 500 Abarth.

1. Boost gauge. Not something you necessarily depend on, but nice to see, especially when trying to diagnose certain things, or verify the behavior of certain mods.

The crescent-shaped area on the lower right hand side of the speedo (where the cruise control light is) could been a perfect spot to add a small extra needle, bypassing the need for any interior modification. I'm just guessing, but it would make sense that the 2018 models will utilize the full color multifunction display in the left gauge panel that debuted with the Targa ND MX-5, maybe Fiat will be able to add a boost gauge there via software.

2. Auto gauge brightness. A simple ambient light sensor brought the dash lights to full brightness during daylight or in bright situations (driving into the sun rising/setting). As my work schedule bounces between day and night and commute includes tunnels, it all worked so well I never really noticed it until it isn't there. Now I find myself adjusting the gauges almost every time I drive.

Certainly not dealbreakers, but they couldn't cost much to implement.

·
Registered
167 Posts
On mine the gauge lighting does change depending on what it senses, and also based on time of day (although it's a bit aggressive for me sometimes) there's a setting for auto/day/night brightness. Is it maybe something only on the Lusso?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On mine the gauge lighting does change depending on what it senses...
Yep... looks like the "rain sensing wipers" sensor doubles as the ambient light sensor, so my gut reaction of "Why on earth would I ever need this?!" has forever forced me to adjust my own gauge brightness.

OK... still wish we had a boost gauge. :)

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
I kinda know when it's boosting via the butt meter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts