Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good morning!

Yesterday I scraped up one of the rims/wheels in a narrow parking garage entrance by not paying attention =(. Stupid me. Now I'm looking at finding a single OEM (Lusso) wheel, but of course no luck on the Mopar site. Short of calling my local dealer, anybody have suggestions/pointers for sources to getting a single Lusso OEM wheel (in the US, I imagine int'l shipping charges to be prohibitive)?

Thx, S.

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
If you've just scraped it, it's more than likely repairable at a fraction of the cost of a new rim. Post a pic of the damage. I've had some nasty gouges perfectly repaired in the past.

Here's one mob in your 'hood to start with http://www.awrswheelrepair.com/austin/

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the pointer, much appreciated! I was not aware of the shop.

The actual damage is superficial, see attached pictures. I'll request a quote and will update this thread with what they come back with.

Thanks again,

- S

Attachments

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Thanks for the pointer, much appreciated! I was not aware of the shop.

The actual damage is superficial, see attached pictures. I'll request a quote and will update this thread with what they come back with.

Thanks again,

- S
You complain about such scratch,:eek: I thought the rim was busted,:nerd:
Now that you got that scratch, you will concentrate on enjoying driving the car.>:)>:) That's the error you made, you were too much worrying about the car and not concentrating on the road.:)

·
Registered
575 Posts
Oh dear, definitely go and get it repaired. A new rim will cost a darn pretty penny. The repair will be a fraction for sure. Nothing to worry about !! Either that or do it yourself with some touch up paint and a little bog.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I asked my dealer about it once and he told me the price for one stock Lusso rim would be somewhere between $700 and $800 CAD (that is more than $500 USD)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you've just scraped it, it's more than likely repairable at a fraction of the cost of a new rim. Post a pic of the damage. I've had some nasty gouges perfectly repaired in the past.

Here's one mob in your 'hood to start with http://www.awrswheelrepair.com/austin/
Thanks again for the suggestion. Mark from ARS Wheel Repair in Austin responded with an estimate of $105/wheel for the damage as pictured, with an approx. 1 hr turnaround. Much more attractive option than a new wheel at 5x the $$s. I will report back with pictures of the repair once complete.

Thx, S.

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
Thanks again for the suggestion. Mark from ARS Wheel Repair in Austin responded with an estimate of $105/wheel for the damage as pictured, with an approx. 1 hr turnaround. Much more attractive option than a new wheel at 5x the $$s. I will report back with pictures of the repair once complete.

Thx, S.
That seems pretty reasonable. Costs about 50% more than that here in Aus....but everything costs 50% more here. LOL

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Shout-out to the guys at ARS Wheel Repair. In 45 minutes they had the wheel looking like new, from a couple feet away as well as close-up. Pictures show the before and after. I suspect experienced eyes might be able to tell, but alas, that's not me. Good enough for whom its for.

PS: Different angles due to lighting situation, can take better/more close-up pictures later if needed.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
Awesome result. That has been my experience with wheel repairs here too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts