Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...

Does anyone know if any of these blow off valve options are louder than another? or are they all about the same?
I recently bought the Torque version. I like the sounds. But its really not that loud...

These all appear to work with Stock diverter or GFB DV+
  • Torque Solution BOV adapter* - Black
  • Forge Blow Off Adapter Plate - Silver
  • MPX Blow Off Adapter Plate* - Silver
  • FIAT 124 BLOW OFF ADAPTOR PLATE BY SILA CONCEPTS - Red
  • FIAT 124 BLOW OFF ADAPTOR PLATE BY BONALUME - POWER POP - Blue

This one is stated as not working with GFB DV+
FIAT 124 BLOW OFF ADAPTOR PLATE BY BONALUME - POWER POP PLUS – ADJUSTABLE

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Hi all...

Does anyone know if any of these blow off valve options are louder than another? or are they all about the same?
I recently bought the Torque version. I like the sounds. But its really not that loud...

I had the GFB DV+ and TS BOA first and now have the Forge Atmospheric BOA. Both are about the same sounds, but the Forge is a tighter seal and works with the Forge IPCV and it makes its own cool sounds.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I had the GFB DV+ and TS BOA first and now have the Forge Atmospheric BOA. Both are about the same sounds, but the Forge is a tighter seal and works with the Forge IPCV and it makes its own cool sounds.
x2 aka Exact same for me as written above...totally agree with @Calehedron assessment.

I'm thinking I notice a boost difference going from the GFB DV+ & TS BOA to Forge BOV. I could have sworn at idle it would swing from -10 to -20 on the Vaitrix Gauge....now it swings at idle from -15 to -20.

aloha mike

ps haven't installed the IPCV....yet.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I'm running the GFB DV+ and the TS BOV adapter plate. Happy with the sound and how easy the installation was. No wires or hoses to run, just stack 'em together and plug the harness back in, done.

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi all...

My build thread has two videos with the BOV adapter in it. Turn your headphones up and you'll be able to at least get a general idea of how it sounds. If you're ok with that then top down wont be a problem.

·
Vendor
3,086 Posts
I'm running the GFB DV+ and the TS BOV adapter plate. Happy with the sound and how easy the installation was. No wires or hoses to run, just stack 'em together and plug the harness back in, done.

That's certainly a good combination. It's simple reliable and not too expensive. I personally prefer the Forge atmospheric valve but at Phase 2 or below both options are good and sound aggressive.

Greg

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
@Greg

With the V2 intake, at low speed/low revs when I let off the gas it sometimes sounds like it does a turbo flutter sound (stutututu).

My friend said that’s called sequential blow off?

Let me know your thoughs, it’s my favorite sound cause by the intake

·
Vendor
3,086 Posts
@Greg

With the V2 intake, at low speed/low revs when I let off the gas it sometimes sounds like it does a turbo flutter sound (stutututu).

My friend said that’s called sequential blow off?

Let me know your thoughs, it’s my favorite sound cause by the intake

What you hear is blow off valve sounds mixed in with other sounds and muffled a bit. With an external blow off, it would be louder, although the other intake sounds would be the same, meaning it would sound the same when on the throttle.

Greg

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
So IS there a way to make that sound louder with a BOV that does NOT do the ...AHHHH sound?

Link so I can buy from you @Greg xD

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
(I only have a GFB DV+)

·
Vendor
3,086 Posts
So IS there a way to make that sound louder with a BOV that does NOT do the ...AHHHH sound?

Link so I can buy from you @Greg xD

OK, I'll do what I can here. There are two options:

https://shopeurocompulsion.net/collections/fiat-124-engine/products/forge-motorsport-blow-off-adapter-plate

and:

https://shopeurocompulsion.net/collections/fiat-124-engine/products/torque-solutions-blow-off-valve-adapter

The first is the Forge product, which I am sure is good, and I THINK comes with the needed bolts. Keep in mind, I'm not in sales so I'm not always up on some of these details, and I haven't used either one of these.

The second does not come with bolts. As far as I know both are good, but again, I haven's used either myself. I'm sure others here have and can chime in.

Greg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts