Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Well I guess my forum handle gives me away, but I know of two other forum members nearby: Nhansen6 and HBdave. It would be great if this forum had way of locating our 124 neighbors. I wouldn't mind organizing a little road rally or a breakfast for looking
at other people's cars or mods.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Would love to help put something like that together in the future. Im down in San Diego.
Yes. You have some great driving roads down there in SD county from what I've heard. Up here in L.A. I was thinking about Angeles Crest Highway.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Conejo valley here.other than my friend that got his abarth last week, haven't seen any spiders up here.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm located in San Diego and would love to meet up with fellow 124 owners! One of my favorite things about our previous Saturn Sky was the owner's group, and how we'd all occasionally meet up for a run and finish up with lunch/dinner before going our ways. There's some amazing roads here in San Diego or L.A. area that could make for some fun runs / meets.
Plus it'd just be neat to see some other Spiders, as outside of the dealer, I've only seen two in the wild (and one of those was at Cars and Coffee).

·
124 Spider Vendor
899 Posts
We have our Classica here in San Diego (Pacific Beach). Call ahead for a ride at our shop in Pacific Beach!

Often racing it down at Qualcomm Stadium, can give rides there too....check with us for dates.

Below, fastest four cars at the season opener here, which was the BMW Club event two weeks ago.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'm in Carlsbad just north of San Diego on the coast.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hello From the City of Orange.
Maybe down SD way for Comic Con?

·
Registered
727 Posts
This is as SoCal as it gets. Two useless small convertibles. At least it prevents trips to Ikea.
Disagree. Everything from Ikea breaks down into small boxes for painful & frustrating self-assembly later.

Today I picked up these two hospital items for a friend who is about to have hip surgery. They fit in the front seat and I didn't even have to use the trunk. I used to play 3-demensional Tetris in college, so I'm particularly good at fitting things in the 124, lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is as SoCal as it gets. Two useless small convertibles. At least it prevents trips to Ikea.
SoCal is the perfect place to have two small convertibles!

I can also confirm that two small side tables from IKEA can be convinced to fit in the trunk, so the 124 won't save you from IKEA trips.

Also, since this is the SoCal chat - the girlfriend and I will be taking the 124 and ND up to Malibu Cars and Coffee this weekend, in case anyone else is thinking of attending and wants to meet up. It would be pretty nice to meet some fellow 124 owners! Here's some details for the event:

Sunday, March 12th - 7AM to 9AM

Malibu Bluffs Park
24250 Pacific Coast Highway
Malibu, CA 90265

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Brian - Could you let us know some future dates for Qualcom events or where we can find those? Would love to link up with some of you guys and get some insight as I start the journey of tweeking my Abarth and enjoying it even more than I already do!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm here in Sherman Oaks (Los Angeles). Got my Lusso back in October. Still have only seen 2 others on the road this whole time!

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'm up in Central California, but moved here from San Diego (hence "sdlynx" moniker). I've got a lusso track project and an Abarth street toy. I think there are only two 124 spiders in Merced... mine. Hahaha! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
479 Posts
I'm in Carlsbad just north of San Diego on the coast.
Dave, I was just in Carlsbad a week ago ....wife, myself and another couple ....ate at the Mexican restaurant on the west side of the highway across from the Victorian mansion. Maybe you saw me in the silver Jeep Renegade ....:eek::eek::D

1 - 20 of 53 Posts