Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Dave, I was just in Carlsbad a week ago ....wife, myself and another couple ....ate at the Mexican restaurant on the west side of the highway across from the Victorian mansion. Maybe you saw me in the silver Jeep Renegade ....:eek::eek::D
HI SteveWy, what day? I'm sure I did. Sorry I didn't stop to say hi. Next time!!:D
By the way, there are five Mexican restaurants within 100 yards of the Victorian Mansion!

Cheers,
Dave

·
Registered
477 Posts
I'm up in Central California, but moved here from San Diego (hence "sdlynx" moniker). I've got a lusso track project and an Abarth street toy. I think there are only two 124 spiders in Merced... mine. Hahaha! :rolleyes:
Curious. Why the lusso as the track project? Less options? Going with a better than factory diff? Going to strip it down?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Curious. Why the lusso as the track project? Less options? Going with a better than factory diff? Going to strip it down?
Less options is the primary reason. I did something similar with the FRS's that I owned. I used a base FRS as my track project and bought a Release Series 1 for a street toy. I already know I will be swapping parts out, so why buy the factory upgraded model if I'm replacing what I paid for?

If I used the Abarth, I'd still replace the suspension, ECU, exhaust, Wheels, etc. So why buy these factory options if they'll be replaced?

It just made more sense to use the cheaper model, so I'm not losing money on a car that I'm risking at the track. ;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
For those interested. There is a RaceLegal Event this Friday night from 6 to midnight at Qualcomm Stadium. 10 bucks to watch, 20 to ride with and 30 to drive. 20 bucks to rent a helmet if you need one. Its a really fun time and great place to meet up. Throwing the invite out to anyone interested.

website here: RaceLegal.com

NOTE - If you don't want to rent a helmet for 20.00, make sure the one you bring has a Snell 2010 sticker or newer on the inside. They abide by NHRA regs for this event for everyones safety. And unless you have arm restraints installed they will not let you run with the top down.

·
Registered
248 Posts
For those interested. There is a RaceLegal Event this Friday night from 6 to midnight at Qualcomm Stadium. 10 bucks to watch, 20 to ride with and 30 to drive. 20 bucks to rent a helmet if you need one. Its a really fun time and great place to meet up. Throwing the invite out to anyone interested.
Oh man! I miss RaceLegal! Are they still doing four-wide? They went four-wide just before I moved from San Diego. Fun times out there!

By the way... You'd love the license plate on the LeMons racer I was driving this weekend in Sonoma!

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Oh man! I miss RaceLegal! Are they still doing four-wide? They went four-wide just before I moved from San Diego. Fun times out there!

By the way... You'd love the license plate on the LeMons racer I was driving this weekend in Sonoma!

Still 4 wide yes...and yes; Love the plate. Absolutely perfect!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
So anyone else going tonight? We will be parked in section G4 if anyone is interested in meeting up....or of course look for the little Fiat screaming down the track! lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a red Abarth manual in OC. Love the car so far. My prior car was a 2001 Miata SE (BRG). Loved that car too. You just can't beat lightweight roadsters for driving enjoyment on public roads, IMHO.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I saw another red Abarth 124 going the other way on Santiago Canyon this morning. First Abarth 124 I have in the wild (other than my own). Belong to anyone on here?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yeah, on weds I saw you, waved through the windshield. I was headed south from Orange?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hey if you all are going to have a car meet I'll be there i have not seen any in the wild so far

·
Registered
186 Posts
SoCal Spiders.

Hey if you all are going to have a car meet I'll be there i have not seen any in the wild so far
I've had mine over two months, in Irvine, and have yet to see any 124 Spider in the wild. Would be glad to join an car meets that may be scheduled. This 123A is just fabulous and have enjoyed adding all the mods.

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
I've had mine over two months, in Irvine, and have yet to see any 124 Spider in the wild. Would be glad to join an car meets that may be scheduled. This 123A is just fabulous and have enjoyed adding all the mods.
Why are you calling it a 123A?

·
Registered
186 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello, is this thing on? Reviving this old thread from 2017, seeing as how there's no other SoCal Spider activity here. We just got our 124 Spider here in Orange County and would love to hear about local events.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Hello, is this thing on? Reviving this old thread from 2017, seeing as how there's no other SoCal Spider activity here. We just got our 124 Spider here in Orange County and would love to hear about local events.
My dad @depotdan and I have put on a few events one was a meet in Irvine and the other was a drive to mount palamar.
If you are on instagram or Facebook check out SoCal Abarth Club I’m friends with the admin that runs it and they put on an awesome event last October called Fiat on the Snake that a few members went toolike @Spoolin32 @ONE20FOUR @Socalsean hopefully we can setup another meet soon.
Here are the links to those events.

https://www.124spider.org/forum/378-road-adventures/31040-2018-fiat-snake.html

https://www.124spider.org/forum/378-road-adventures/30000-socal-124-spider-mt-palomar-drive.html

21 - 40 of 53 Posts