Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do all the 124 Spiders have the same touchscreen software version? Has there ever been an update? Looks like Mazda has updated the Miata a few times. I am wondering because my version does not work with my current Android Marshmallow phone, but works with a really old KitKat Android. Annoying.

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Want boost gauge in infotainment screen.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I read that blog from top to bottom several times, but no mention of whether Fiat has officially updated the software...ever.azda has a few times. I guess it's a trip to the dealer!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Do all the 124 Spiders have the same touchscreen software version? Has there ever been an update? Looks like Mazda has updated the Miata a few times. I am wondering because my version does not work with my current Android Marshmallow phone, but works with a really old KitKat Android. Annoying.
That sounds more like an issue with your phone. I've used two different recent Android phones (including a Samsung S7) and have no issues whatsoever with interfacing. However, the later Android software does have slightly different settings behind the "gear" so it could be a settings issue. I've had my car since August, so one of the first off the boat. I've also installed the tweaks with no problems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. It's an issue of the MZD system. Friend of me as a Mazda CX5 with the newest Mazda firmware and no issue. I updated 2 Phones with with oreo android and both doen't work anymore with the bluetooth connection. But the work in other manufacturer. So it probably because of the old firmware on the FIAT MZD. But apparently the ne GT version of the Fiat 124 abarth got a new firmware. I asked my dealer and he doesn't know anything about it.

By the way I tried to update my Fiat 124 spider lusso MZD with a Mazda firmware and now the navigation system does't work anymore so be aware... don't trie it. Now I hope to find anyday the old Fiat firmware otherwise I have to go to the retailer and i have to pay 80 bugs for an new reprogramming... Don't know maybe somebody can find these files and tell me. Thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you put Mazda firmware on your Fiat then your Fiat Navigation card will not work. You will need to get a Mazda Navigation card.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts