Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. Just a quick intro. Sold my 1982 Fiat Spider 2000 for an Abarth.

Flying from Detroit to Myrtle Beach SC on Friday, driving back via Asheville NC, and over the Smokies. Looking forward to it.

Hat tip to Vandor at AutoRicambi for keeping the old Spider supplied with parts!

·
Vendor
3,334 Posts
Welcome to the new 124 community. I think you will love the car. It will remind you a lot of the original, but it's so much better.

Greg

·
Registered
61 Posts
The place you purchased is my local dealer. Blew me away to see they had 4 Abarths. They didnt have the manual Rosso I wanted when I purchased, so I bought upstate. Which did you settle on?, color and transmission? Maybe now they will carry some accessories and master the basic repair skills....
Sounds like your going out of state, we could have had a time down here at the beach! Come back some time, and welcome.

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
Congratulations

·
Banned
425 Posts
Congratulations and welcome aboard. Let's hope the Abarth becomes as much loved as the old Spider.

Reactions: RBH58

·
Registered
727 Posts
Congratulations. You can post some photos for us as you drive through the Smokies.

Reactions: RBH58

·
Registered
165 Posts
Have a nice ride home. There are some awesome trails east of Johnson City, TN after you leave Asheville. Might try NC 261 (Roan Mt. Road) if you are headed that way and the weather permits.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
351 miles from Myrtle beach to the smokies. About an hour away from The tail of the Dragon. Had the top down about 200 miles of that. Steering is fantastic! You actually get Driver bump steer': if you go over a bump while holding the wheel too tight with relaxed arms, your body movement will steer the car! It's very precise and light.

Top up, it's very quiet, just some minor wind noise. This is a well designed convertible.

I'll post pics when I get back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts