Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
What’s the difference to the stock bilsteins? What # are the stock ones in abarth?

might be interested, thx

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I understand, the aftermarket Bilsteins differ in damping force from the the stock ones and can also be rebuilt or revalved easily. I am guessing they would be a bit stiffer, but I have no proof of that. Someone would need to test them on a shock dyno. The B8s are a bit shorter than the B6 shocks and the factory shocks and are made to be used with lowering springs. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts

·
124 Spider Vendor
925 Posts
Those are quite a bit better than OEM Bilsteins. Those part numbers are the B8, a performance upgrade from the stock unit and made a lot more ideal for customer who wants to pair with good lowering springs...they pair really well with our RoadsterSport 300 lb front, 200 lb rear springs. I still take KONI SPORT shocks any day for the adjustment you don't get with the Bilsteins, but I would take those B8 bilsteins over stock units any day for a good match with lowering springs.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bump for price drop. Figured I would just go all the way down to my bottom dollar and save everyone time.

·
Administrator
1,953 Posts
Those are quite a bit better than OEM Bilsteins. Those part numbers are the B8, a performance upgrade from the stock unit and made a lot more ideal for customer who wants to pair with good lowering springs...they pair really well with our RoadsterSport 300 lb front, 200 lb rear springs. I still take KONI SPORT shocks any day for the adjustment you don't get with the Bilsteins, but I would take those B8 bilsteins over stock units any day for a good match with lowering springs.
Would the B8 shocks sit lower than the OEM Bilsteins? I remember you mentioning that the OEM Bilsteins are a gas pressure shock and as a result, ride height will be higher than with the B8 shocks (which is what I noticed as well compared to other cars running your RoadsterSport lowered springs).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts