Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a post many months ago offering my 2019 124 Spider Lusso. I'm making a new post in the forum because (1) the photos in that thread are gone for some reason, (2) I want to offer the Eurocompulsion Tuning System separately, and (3) a few details have changed since listing that. Happy to close/delete the other thread if need be.

Carmax offered me $24,000 for the car, which I intend to take next Monday, if nobody here wants it first. I told them (unsolicited) that it has an aftermarket intake and seat rails that do not slide.

Car details:
2019 124 Spider Lusso
3,150 miles
6-speed manual
Mare Blue
Saddle Interior
Comfort and Convenience Group
Navigation and Sound Group
Visibility Group
MSRP $33,075

I did the "basic" performance mods:
Eurocompulsion Tuning System ** - $800 (Phase 1 is installed on the car)
Eurocompulsion Air Induction Kit V4 - $300
Go Fast Bits DV+ Diverter Valve - $140
Paco Motorsports Seat Lowering Brackets (both Driver & Passenger) - $190

Car runs perfect, no issues. I had it "serviced" at Fiat in May which I believe was just an oil change. They also replaced the Entertainment screen under warranty.

If you want the car, or the tuning system, let me know. I do believe EC would charge you $375 to transfer the rights for using the Tuning System.

I'm located on the north shore of Chicago.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Land vehicle

Automotive parking light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Car Land vehicle

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just an anecdote here. I had an inquiry on the EC handheld tuning system which inspired me to go look at what it takes to transfer. Indeed it is a $375 transfer fee to whoever takes it.

But in the transfer application, it asks if the previous owner returned their car to stock. Makes sense, to keep everyone from just sharing a single handheld around and around.

And because I will no longer have the car, I went ahead and flashed it back to stock. And OH MY, what a difference... for the better. One thing I had not enjoyed about the car was the spiky power band. As in multiple spikes and then some flat spots. But by removing the tune, the car felt much more linear. Granted I still have the GF DV+ and EC intake on it, but I much prefer the car back at stock. Probably not as fast, but a much more pleasurable driving experience, in my opinion.

I realize I'm trying to give away the tuning system, and I'm not helping that by saying I think these cars drive better un-tuned, but thought it would be an interesting data point.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just for clarification, the intake, seat rails, and DV+ are going to stay on the car, as I did not keep the stock ones. The handheld "tuning system" is what I wanted to offer.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just an anecdote here. I had an inquiry on the EC handheld tuning system which inspired me to go look at what it takes to transfer. Indeed it is a $375 transfer fee to whoever takes it.

But in the transfer application, it asks if the previous owner returned their car to stock. Makes sense, to keep everyone from just sharing a single handheld around and around.

And because I will no longer have the car, I went ahead and flashed it back to stock. And OH MY, what a difference... for the better. One thing I had not enjoyed about the car was the spiky power band. As in multiple spikes and then some flat spots. But by removing the tune, the car felt much more linear. Granted I still have the GF DV+ and EC intake on it, but I much prefer the car back at stock. Probably not as fast, but a much more pleasurable driving experience, in my opinion.

I realize I'm trying to give away the tuning system, and I'm not helping that by saying I think these cars drive better un-tuned, but thought it would be an interesting data point.
I am not surprised. I find my stock tuned car much more than adequate in terms of performance and fun.

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Abarth
279 Posts
I am not surprised. I find my stock tuned car much more than adequate in terms of performance and fun.
I have the 500 Madness piggyback tuning module and their pedal booster on my car. They make it quite responsive to drive in an autocross. But recently I've been driving the car around town with the piggyback disconnected by using the harness jumper plug and the pedal booster at a much lower setting. I like it better now in traffic. Switching it back for performance driving will take only one minute. Sometimes I actually do feel like my advanced age.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Last piece of clarification - the tuning module is as pictured here. The EC website seems to show an updated (Full screen?) version. Mine was purchased in April of 2020.
Bicycle handlebar Bag Luggage and bags Sports equipment Crankset

1 - 10 of 10 Posts