Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Vehicle Wheel Hood Automotive tire

Never had anything like this happen to me before.Car normally gets a lot attention when parked up but only ever positive - was parked up close to brand new S3 and 430i coupe, so somebody obviously targeted the spider specifically. Dashcam wasn’t triggered which I am pissed about. Calculated it must have happened in the last 48 hours.

I can only conclude it was a jealous person with an incredibly small penis. Going to tour the body shops tomorrow for quotes to see what can be done.

I’m raging boys, I would give anything to have been able to catch them in the act.

Anyone ever had their spider vandalised?

·
Registered
270 Posts
That really sucks and same color as my 124. Damage to my car is something I fear and I know is inevitable. Luckily my 124 is not my daily driver and I only drive it for pleasure, seldom parking anywhere but my driveway or garage, and always driving in motion.
Im curious to find out how you will fix the awful scratch.

·
Registered
2018 Abarth 124 Spider, Mare Blue / Nero Abarth Leather, Brembo's, Record Monza, Automatic
1,250 Posts
There are two reasons why there should be exceptions to going to prison (or even paying a fine) for murder: A) Introducing non-native or invasive fish into native Trout waters. B) Keying an Italian Sports Car. And if the perpetrator survives the murder attempt, the death penalty should be invoked on said perpetrator.

·
Registered
2018 Fiat 124 Spider
174 Posts
So sad:(

·
Registered
2020 124 Abarth Convenience Group - Nav and Sound - Visibility Group - AT
97 Posts
I have had a lexus keyed, a porsche dented, a jag got chocolate milk dumped on it, and a escalade egged. All happened while the cars were parked somewhere. Nothing to my spider yet.
I dont get why anyone would remotely think to do something like this. Just nuts.
Sending out bad vibes to the idiots for you now.

·
Registered
Abarth 124 Spider in Isola d'Elba Blue with Heritage Pack
256 Posts
Mother. F***er. Some people are c**ts.

Honestly, what's the need? Why expend mental energy on jealousy or resentment? They are perhaps two of the most useless emotional outlets we as human beings have!

@LawsonGibbles, so sorry this has happened to you. I park my car on the road too and being keyed is my biggest fear. Let us know how you progress.

·
Registered
2018 Fiat 124 Spider Abarth
2,227 Posts
Gawd, that sucks!

There’s a new clear coat treatment out here called RestorFX. They can work miracles on most paint finishes for a fraction of the cost of repainting. Check out here what they can do: Login • Instagram

My Jeep was all scratched up from taking it into the forest; these guys made look like it just rolled off the factory! I paid $700 for the entire vehicle a few months ago; it was well worth it.

Find out if there’s a comparable service in the U.K.

Good luck!

·
Registered
Fiat 124 Spider w/ Abarth LSD & RM
232 Posts
Some people s.cks...

Wish you a fast and cheap repair... the 124 deserves to be mint!

·
Registered
2017 Classica
163 Posts
That’s horrible. Working in insurance, if it’s a lot of damage it should be covered. Also, there are cameras everywhere these days. If you were near a business you may want to ask if they have any video footage. If you can video of the person who did it you might be able to catch them.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks all for the messages of support. Ironically the only reason I parked it where I did, instead of my regular and more secure spot, was to avoid getting organics on the body work from overhead flowering trees which are now in full bloom.

Took it to a couple of body shops. One quoted £600 to fill scratch, paint and a full detail to bring car up to standard (thought might as well get it detailed whilst it’s in). Another quoted £1100 for the same but advised it was better to repaint the entire door and the body panels on the right hand side of the car to avoid any issues with colour mismatch on the scratch repair. I don’t have much experience with body repair work but I’m not sure I instinctively believe that - I think that’s overkill. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

·
Registered
2018 Fiat 124 Spider Abarth
2,227 Posts
Thanks all for the messages of support. Ironically the only reason I parked it where I did, instead of my regular and more secure spot, was to avoid getting organics on the body work from overhead flowering trees which are now in full bloom.

Took it to a couple of body shops. One quoted £600 to fill scratch, paint and a full detail to bring car up to standard (thought might as well get it detailed whilst it’s in). Another quoted £1100 for the same but advised it was better to repaint the entire door and the body panels on the right hand side of the car to avoid any issues with colour mismatch on the scratch repair. I don’t have much experience with body repair work but I’m not sure I instinctively believe that - I think that’s overkill. Anyone have any thoughts on that?
See post #14. I still think that’s the best route for your scratch, provided that service is available where you are.

It’s not just about it being a cheaper alternative, but by simply addressing the clear coat, you avoid having to deal with all unintended consequences of repainting —i.e., risk of color mismatch, dull finish, the paint flaking, possible impact on resale, etc.

Reactions: LawsonGibbles

·
Registered
316 Posts
People who key cars should be publicly executed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Feel your pain

My spider hasn’t had this treatment, although my wife has had some other mishaps in it!

I did have a 1 series a couple of years ago that was only a week old at the time when it got this kind scratch. I actually believe it was just some women with a handbag or something like that rather than blatant vandalism because it wasn’t a particularly special car and the area it was parked just doesn’t get that kind of issue but still pissed me off at the time. There is something to be said about driving an old banger that you don’t care about.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts