Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some nice cars in this garage :)

I've met the owner of the Alfa. We rode the elevator down together and when we got off he made a bee line to the Alfa. As he passed my Abarth I unlocked the doors with the remote. He instantly stopped, looked at the spider, looked at me and said "nice car" :)

Attachments

·
Banned
425 Posts
Should have asked him if he wanted to trade.

·
Banned
425 Posts
Reactions: bffmike

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
I have to say that the 4C was a big disappointment to me. I love the look of them and I've driven 3 of them in the process of trying to convince myself I should buy one, but I'm just not bowled over by the way they drive. The steering should be scalpel sharp being unassisted and it's not. In fact it's actually vague just off centre. The (electric) steering on both our BRZ and Abarth 124 is superior to the 4Cs! Add to that that it frequently (and badly) tramlines. And then the steering wheel itself is horrible...which has a profound effect on what it's like to steer. Now some of this is partially resolved by optioning on the "Race Pack" (which also adds the gorgeous tele-dial wheels in place of the rather ordinary standard ones) but then the car becomes a USD$80+k proposition here in Australia. Add to that that the engine is all gratuitous popping and farting noises in an attempt to make it's turbo-4 sound interesting, and the gearbox is OK for a Dual Clutch but suffers from it's problems and limitations too and I'd still rather it were a manual...and I find it hard to make a case for 4C ownership...and I so wish I could. I lust for the look of the car itself. The $30k cheaper Lotus Elise SC is simply a better sorted car and the 4C is underdeveloped. If only the 4C drove like a Lotus!

Reactions: ItsyBitsy

·
Registered
243 Posts
What other beauties are in that garage? The alfa 4C coupe is a work of art on the outside, but I've never driven one so can't comment on its performance. Just too rich for my blood, especially with the features I would like to tack on.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Your 124 appears nicely protected from door dings in that spot. I'd be tempted to install a metal Abarth sign on the back wall (there is a nice one on eBay I purchased last week). The Fiat and the Alpha are perfectly color coordinated, lol.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol it would be hilarious to get an Abarth plate that's removable (since parking here is unassigned) and put it up wherever I park.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Now you just need to get a photoshoot going. Those two in those color scheme's is just perfect. No better way to show off these more affordable Italians :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts