Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After driving the car for a while, I did find some weirdness, and I am reporting them here, in case you get them too.

- The gears, especially 2nd and 3rd are not engaging at times (manual transmission). Most of the time, they do, but sometimes I drive the car and they make that horrible noise, like when you release too early the clutch. I was not going fast, nor switching gear fast; it did happen 4-5 times, and I can tell when I miss a gear shift. Had to double clutch to get the gear in; which is weird.

- The turn alarm sensors goes off when turning at times; if I am too close to a parked car or to objects close to the street, you hear the beep while you are turning. Scared the **** out of me; thinking that there was someone with a bicycle and I didn't notice it.

- Stereo reset on its own while using the BT phone to listen music; also the volume is quite low at times, even if the phone volume for media is cranked up to the max.

- Auto windshield wipers does work half the time; even if it is drizzling.

- The temperature sensor is totally off; say 71 when outside is below 60; feels like it is reading the internal temperature instead than the external one

- The car just miss to start few times; it was early in the morning, not too cold; but it did turn on and died with a weird noise; although it did turn on again without problems, when I tried again. Always cold start, did not happen on a warm start.

Also I wish to speak with the genius that did put the gas lamp on the bottom of the cluster...if you lift up the steering wheel, it is covered :) Almost ran out of gas because I didn't notice it. You won't know fear, until you see 1 mile left on the electronic display, with no gas stations in sight :)

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
The gearbox? Sounds like you need to talk to the dealer.

Auto sensing wipers? Actually the ones on our 124 & RF are the best auto sensing wipers I’ve ever experienced. Most I’ve experienced are utterly useless (they don’t know when the rain has started or stopped).

How on earth do you manage to cover the fuel gauge with any part of the steering wheel. I’ve tried but can’t.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
The temperature sensor is in a very protected section of the front left fender. It can take a while to stabilize, but I've found it always reads high, probably due to engine heat warming that area.

The gas light is very low in the dash. I just don't worry about that, and have never really seen the need for a light for it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts